1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question How often do you visit the parks in a trip?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by keith, Feb 16, 2014.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I guess if you asked me that question ten years ago I'd say, well every day? (looking at you as if you were mad) but now, with staying off site and so on, it feels like we're rarely at Disney and when we do go, it's only for a specific thing like a restaurant booking or to see the fireworks. I can't remember the last time we stayed a whole day at a park!

How about you?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we don't tend to do whole days in the park and i do need days off getting up early to go. We tend to go more at the beginning of the holiday and get there for rope drop then we calm down a bit and visit only for a couple of hours or like you for a reservation or fireworks. It will be interesting to see what difference being off site makes if any next time. We don't tend to use the buses when Jon is with us any way as sometimes it's quicker to take the car.
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We tend to go every day.
    Watchinherskip and keith like this.
  4. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

If we are there for 16 - 17 days every day we will visit except the two we put aside for shopping.

Mags
    keith likes this.
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I guess, in many ways, I'm still like that today. This past trip, when we stayed at Beach Club, we REALLY thought there would be days when we did nothing but enjoy the resorts. And , for the most part, we did. But each time, we would find ourselves saying, "OOOH, why don't we pop over to the World Showcase for lunch!" Or, "Hey, it's almost 9:00pm, wanna wander over for the fireworks?" So, even on the days when we didn't "go" to the parks, we still went to the parks.

I think it might be different if we were in a villa, maybe. Or not. :D
    keith likes this.
  6. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

On trips with the family, usually every other day as an average.

When I'm on my own, usually far less - I tend to just visit the parks that have changed since my last visit.

Don't worry, Becca, if you find a villa near enough to the parks, you'll still find yourself 'popping' there and back for short visits/respites.
  7. Beccaberry

We've stayed in a condo (offsite) a couple of times, and you're right, we still found ourselves visiting the parks each day. I think, too, part of the difference is that my trips (being in the U.S.) usually consist of 5-7 days vs. most U.K. visitors who typically stay longer. I think if I were there for 2 weeks, I absolutely *would* spend days elsewhere.
  8. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Of course, that's a good point. For us, half the allure of Florida is the American experience itself, which you, being American, just call life.
  9. Beccaberry

Yes exactly. Likewise, I can't IMAGINE visiting the UK and only visiting a single attraction!
  10. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Apart from the odd day trip out we spend at least part of every day at the parks, that's what I go for!
  11. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I don't go nearly as much as I used to, we never go for full days anyway, so I guess we just pop in when we feel like it or if there is something I want to see or do.
  12. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Our summer trips are on average about 9-10 nights long and during that time we may take 1 or 2 days to kick back and have some pool time. I really don't like taking days off.
  13. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Nowadays we tend to spend most of the time at our villa or seeing other parts of Florida.
    We do however set aside a few days to stay on -site to get our Disney "fix" and then to just come and go to the parks if we feel like it at the time. It has become a tradition though to dine at the YSH on our first and last nights .
    We seldom spend a whole day in the parks and also we adopt the rule of "If the wait time for any ride is over 20 minutes" then forget it !
    Beccaberry likes this.
  14. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

We usually get down to Florida a few days before we start our Disney portion of the trip. We use that time to relax and rest before our Disney marathon begins.
  15. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If our trip was three weeks long then we would have one day out of the parks each week for pool/shopping. A two week trip sees us at the parks every day.
    We usually spend the full day at the parks too but less than half of those days may be Disney. We also love the Universal parks, BG, SW and there are plenty of other attractions we like and visit.
    keith likes this.
  16. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im starting to feel like a total amateur! we'll probably only be in the parks a few evenings a week
  17. Wendy

There's nothing wrong with that, we're getting the same way. I've actually considered not buying a pass for Disney in the past. It's Chris that's insisted buying because he says that once I am there I will want to go to Epcot :lol: I guess he has a point as tickets over here are cheaper than you buy when you get there.

So, how many of you are shocked that Chris is the one who wants to buy tickets :lol:
  18. Beccaberry

He and Jon are becoming quite the closet Disneyphiles :)
  19. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We go every day, unless we've been to US. Even then, we still go to MK or DTD at night. :)
    Wendy likes this.
  20. Wendy

Chris was adamant for years, that he only went because I wanted to go. I thought I was being selfish and so I gave him the choice of where we went one year and he said "Florida" as it's like a second home now :lol: He always said he wasn't bothered one way or another about Disney, but he likes to go and even suggests when so long as he can have days off and go to other places other than the parks.

The only thing he says is he doesn't want to go to Hollywood Studios unless I need photos for the site. Also he will only go to Animal Kingdom once on a trip as he finds it too congested and he worries about me getting knocked.