1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How pushy are the DVC sales people?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Jan 29, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We were asked lots last time we were at disney to go to a DVC presentation but were afraid to go in case it was pressure selling.

2. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Not pushy at all - we were worried as well.

They were very 'encouraging' about taking the tour - we went to a booth at DTD and they gof carted us round to Saratoga to the preview centre. We were seen very quickly and it is a lovely place with complimentary juice and snacks - the kids went into a playroom with playstations etc (they had a great time) they could have come with us though no problem.

The presentation was done in a small office with our assigned guide - he basically told us everything, explained finance offers and then took us to see the show rooms.

He asked us how we holiday and explained how we would best use it to our advantage.

There was lots of banter and disney trivia etc - he was very knowledgeable and loved disney.

At the end he printed off all the info and gave it to us, shook our hands and told us if we had any more questions or wanted to go ahead to call him and that was that.

We could have had ice cream but we were in a hurry to get to a dinner ADR - they mini bussed us back to our resort (or wherever we wanted to go) and that was it - no pressure at all!

I think it makes you want to buy into it more because you don't feel pressured at all.

3. davles

davles Earning my ears

we did the tour last september, called in at Saratoga springs, asked if there was a chance of doing the tour as we were there, of course, there was no problem. 15 minutes later we were sat chatting to our guide.
    everything explained to us, no pressure at all, we did the tour, went back to our little room with the guide, where he ran through all the options and answered all our questions.

we mentioned that we were a bit worried about turning up incase it was a hardsell policy, he explained that they didn't go in for hardsell, they were there purely to answer questions and give the run down on the DVC system, he told us that they got a yearly salary, so they not need to to push sales to ensure their pay.

we ended up becoming dvc members, not due to some hard sell, but purely because after having everything explained to us , it felt the right thing to do for ourselves.

dave

4. lisaw

:yes:

I liked the fact that we felt able to come home and think about it seriously without getting caught up in the 'magic' of it all there.

We called them after about a week :D

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i've never got that far, i have gone up to the booths to seek more information then dh turns up says forget it and whisks me away:sorry: :lol:

6. lisaw

Send them off for a couple of hours and then go - then when you meet up you can present him with a 'present' - he will be thrilled :lol:

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

They are not pushy at all!