1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How scary is the tower of terror?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, at least you had some help. :yes: I saw triplets at WDW one time (in one of those enormous one behind the other strollers) and they were all pitching a dying duck fit. I don't know what had upset them, but whooooeeeeee were they unhappy! :eek:

2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Its a ride I hate to love . :laugh: I'm not a drop ride type person, but I've been on it quite a few times and survived .

3. tandcmum

tandcmum Earning my ears

my DH and 3 yr old son went on this last time we went and proceeded to come off looking green and vowing never again as long as they step foot on this earth, i then chickened out, but i am determined to go on it in september and have told DS (who will be nearly 8 this time) that I'll give him $10 if he'll come on with me ;)

4. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Not in a million years!!!!!

5. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Havent you done it even once Donna? You might like it. :yes: I remember saying I would never ride the Hulk and I love it now that I have tried it.

Margaret

6. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Nope. Never done it. I'm not fond of "real" elevators, so there's no way I'm getting in one that intentionally drops!!! LOL One thing that worries me (besides throwing up) is that I'd get off the ride and I'd be so upset and/or sick that it would ruin the rest of my day. The first time I rode Mission Space it was that way. It really played games with my head - and stomach.

7. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I understand you might not like it if you arent keen on elevators. I hate heights but strangely enough I love this ride. Everyone (just a few exceptions all the times I have been on) seems to be in stitches when the drops happen. The collective laughter seems to be infectious. :lol:
    Mission Space though - thats a different matter! [​IMG]

Margaret

8. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Jon typically enjoys those (as Slowhand calls them) "white knuckle" rides...but he gives this ride a miss as often as I'll allow him :) While he loves "rollercoasters" he does *not* like the sensation of falling. I love it. My kids can't get enough of it. I think it depends on the type of person you are...

9. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

My mum is a wimp at rides and she went on it... she loved it! Dad will pretty much go on everything but he went on it and wouldn't go back on it!!

I really think it is one of those you just have to ride and find out. The pre-show is BRILLIANT imo.

Perhaps if you watch that on youtube then you will feel a bit better about it... although that may ruin the suprise :unsure: It's on there if you want to do a search and see if it calms you down!!

10. meeshybee

meeshybee Earning my ears

It's definitely a controlled fall feeling. But honestly what I remember most is seeing my 7 yo sister start to slip out from under the safety bar (or at least appear to). THAT is what scared me about it.