1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how to check out a villa?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disneymom, Aug 29, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

just read a trip report about a not so good villa

How do I check that any one I choose will be as good as they claim it is? I guess I can ask people who've stayed there before but are there other things I can check?
  2. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Hi...depending where the villa is as in which Florida County you can check the Appraisers website but this will only confirm that the owner is infact the owner and you can check the tax register to see they comply with paying tax and are licenced. There are not any realy that you can check for bad reviews.
    Your best bet realy is a forum based website as many are very difficult for owners to get onto(one i tried,owners have been waiting over 18 months) and advertise and owners can generate a lot of bookings from them and one bad review can cost them dear.