1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how to get from the wilderness lodge to grand floridian

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by luvthemansion, Mar 31, 2010.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

I bet this is so easy and you'll all :point:at me but can I walk between these two places? is there a boat? a monorail or what? :sorry:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

You could take a bus, as many of them went to the GF from the WL. Just ask the bus driver if they will be going there. If not take the boat to MK and then hop on the monorail. :D

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I would get the boat out the back to the Contemporary or the MK then get the monorail around.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

In theory, yes you could walk from WL to the GF although you seldom see folks walking anywhere on WDW property apart from in the parks etc.
    You would leave the WL through the main entrance then carry on straight through the traffic lights, pass the TTC on your right, walk past the entrance to the Poly, turn right at the next junction and the GF is on your right after you pass the Wedding Pavillion. [Alternatively you could enter the Poly and then access the GF by walking along the beach and pathway.]
    I reckon it would be a 30 minute walk or so.

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I don't know if the resort launches still run to the GF but several years ago, my DW and I were staying at the WL and had reservations for our anniversary dinner at V&A's at the GF. We just took the resort launch from the back of the WL over to the MK. Stayed on the launch and it then went to the GF. Delightful little boat trip! :eye:

Tom :)macwave:... feeling nautical!)