1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

how to start scrapbooking?

Discussion in 'Arts, Crafts & Scrapbooking' started by disneymom, Feb 20, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I know there have been a few posts on this but for the next trip I really want to try and gather things together to make the best scrapbook ever

I've already lost things from the last trip and the memory is fading :(

So is there a starter pack or something? what about starting with planning information or is that all too dull
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

no no no no no!! i keep everything and try and incorporate it into my scrapbooks. There are starter packs in the Disney shops if that is what you want but you'll also need some tools. Paper cuter (12x12 inches) your choice of adhesive- i like tape runners. There are many many tools that you can buy but they are the 2 basics you will need. You need to decide what size you want your scrapbook to be so you get the right size card stock. Michaels/AC Moore etc sell them quite reasonably especially with the 40% coupon in the local newspaper.

It's all to easy to spend an absolute fortune on 'stash' and never use it - don't say you haven't been warned :tongue:

Julie.....who has enough craft stuff to open a store in her spare room :unsure:
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh, I'm always going to start a scrapbook............
  4. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

To keep things in one spot, I take a big plastic envelope with me when we go to WDW. In it I put a copy of our itinerary, ticket materials, etc. While on our visit I use it to store park maps, buttons, badges, stickers, etc. When we get back to our room at the end of the day, w empty our bags, pockets, etc, and tuck anything we want to keep in that envelope. When we get home, all of our stuff is in one spot!
  5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Thats such a good idea :hug2: do you put whole park maps in the scrapbook or do you cut bits out?
  6. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

ooooo

does anyone have any example pages to give me some ideas?
  7. wdwgrandma

Well, since they come folded, I tuck in the whole map - both in the envelope and in the scrapbook.

I also tuck in receipts from dining, menus, room keys (at the end of the trip), etc. The envelope is 12x12. I pick them up for a couple of dollars each at Michael's, but other places carry them. They come in various colors.

In the scrapbook, you can make holders in which to tuck items. That allows you to pull things out and look at them, but keeps the item orderly otherwise.
  8. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Yep, I also do that. :yes:

I save all of the receipts while we are there, this gives you great reference points when you get home. :thumbsup:

Upon entering the Parks, I get 2 maps. 1 to use on the day and 1 to keep pristine for the scrapbook.
  9. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

:thumbsup: me too
  10. wdwgrandma

There are all sorts of neat little things you can collect on a trip! I have a piece of "snow" from one of the snow globe floats in the parade at MK. My granddaughters grabbed bits of confetti that was shot into the air during a parade.

I even have wrappers from Mickey ice cream bars!
  11. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

That's what I do too.

I tend to use the 12x12 paper as you can place more stuff on it. I love stickers, so I buy tons and tons of them, but other people use lots of other things. And oh yes, scrapbooking can cost one a small fortune. Try to use someone else credit card....just kidding. :tongue:

Of course scrapbooking utilizes one of my favorite things...my photos. Make sure you have plenty. :yes:
  12. bento

bento Earning my ears

take lots of photos! :) make sure you document every part of it :)
  13. Lynn_A

Lynn_A Earning my ears

It's easy to start scrapbooking. Just buy a few simple supplies at first and let your imagination run free.

Of course, before you know it, you'll own more supplies than you could have ever imagined. My boyfriend just remarked last evening I have enough scrapbooking paper to supply my as-yet unborn grandchildren. OK, so maybe he's right, but a girl needs variety, doesn't she?

Stamps, pads, cutters, adhesives, punches, it's all good.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  14. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Oooh Oooh, im going to do one for this trip!! Last time we went i kept a diary and when we got home i typed it all up and inserted photos, i put them all in a folder and isabelle looks at it alot - but im going to get park maps and alsorts this time!