1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

How young is too young? disney for a 7month old

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Aug 25, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

How young is too young to enjoy it? I have a friend who has a holiday already booked but her youngest will be just 7 months old! I've already said she'll have to stop a lot and schedule lots of breaks but it still sounds young to me ?

2. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I personally will never take a toddler again...but there are lots of people here who would.

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Steven was 8 months old. It was a breeze. :

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

It really depends on what one expects from the experience.

We took a 14-week-old infant with us last December (10 nights). Let's just say he required more luggage than any one of the rest of us! :lol:

That said, he was a joy. He was happy. He ate, slept and did the necessary things that infants do. He also flirted shamelessly with everyone around hime and spent a lot of time soaking up the sounds and colours (can babies smell?--it so probably the scents, too!) when he was awake. The trip was for his older sister--planned well before the little guy was even a twinkle in his parents eyes.

Essentially, if they cover the logistics in planning so one person isn't stuck sitting out everything, they should be fine. Will the infant remember anything? Not that can be communicated, but I'm sure they will be a warm feeling about being with his/her family. And the family will make wonderful memories together.

It's funny, because Leu and I were discussing being the elder child constantly denied opportunities because the other children--or one child--are considered to be too young for family holidays. That's going beyond the financial issues of a larger family. She was that older child and never was permitted to do the things her younger siblings did at the same age. She always had to be responsible. Needless to say, she always made the effort for completely inclusive family gatherings when she had her own family. :) Ahhhhhh....keep in mind that her mother is a bit--weird, shall we say? Not at all what one would expect of a mother! :)

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

That's what I forgot in my post!

Be sure to read Dawn's Jedi Trip Report!