1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Howdy from Cocoa FL

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tinker, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Jim and I are having a wonderful time .
    Jim and I arrived in MCO at 3:38 PM, August 31st. our arrival time was to be at 4:24 PM . No pun intended, but our pilot flew .
    We then boarded the shuttle for Thrifty . Once we got there, no hassles, Dzneeprincess did a fabulous job . They were expecting us and had our car ready . We had an economy car, Dodge Avenger, I think . Sweet little car !!! In no time, we were on I - 4 West and had no problems finding the Country Inn and Suites . Let me tell you for $49.00 a night, this place was nice . We had a very clean king sized room . Thanks for the tip, Johnie . For that price, we would have no problem staying off property as it was close to everything .
    That evening we drove to the DTD Marketplace which was literally right down the street . We didn't buy anything, we just strolled & browsed and got that Disney feeling . You know the one where you just tingle all over .
    After we left we stopped at a place near our restaurant called Steak N Shake . Jim & I both had a cheeseburger, fries & shake . The whole meal was $17.32 . By this time, it was 10 PM and we were so tired that we went to our room and crashed right out .
    Monday morning , I woke thinking it was 8 AM . I looked at the clock and it was 10:38 . I got Jim up , we showered and went straight to Universal Studios . We haven't been to US since 2000 .
    We grabbed a water as we entered . The first ride we headed to was Krustyland , The Simpsons . For you that haven't been on it, I won't spoil it . I will say its the best simultor I have ever been on . I laughed so hard . It was COOL !!! Next we went on Men In Black, it hasn't really changed as I wasn't impressed the first time and this time neither .
    Next, it was over to ET . I snapped a picture of Scobby Doo and Curious George on our way past . We came out heading across the bridge toward Jaws , when I noticed The Simpsons was a 5 minute wait . So, we jumped back on that . The wait time was the walk up . Mostly, all the rides were walk on . Jaws was a 35 minute wait as we crossed the bridge . We decided to skip it as we had been on it before . Next, we went on Disaster and then the Revenge of The Mummy . Twice !!! Outside I had a picture taken with a pharoh on stits . He was black and had the scariest eyes . I know they were contacts , but he was creepy looking . I made like I was screaming and he grabbed my hair . Good picture, but something went wrong with my camera . I had the wedding pictures on there and Thank God, I had downloaded the pictures . I'll get back to that .
    Next we went on Twister ! We were both hungry as we hadn't had breakfast and just water , so we stopped at Mels Diner . Worse food I ever had, if I had tore the sole off my shoe, it would have tasted better . I politely walked up with my burger and showed them just how dried out it was and I was at least given a refund . Jim's on the other hand was ok . At this point, I'm not sure if he tasted it or swallowed it whole .
    Next we found Shrek 4 D . We both loved it and as we exited , we saw Donkey & Shrek . I was so upset that my camera had gone haywire . After , meeting them, we decided to leave . I stopped in the Fresh Produce store and bought a teal dress and a real cute pair of capris on sale .
    When we got back to our hotel, I went right to the Sony store that was in the strip mall . Can you believe our luck . My camera is a Sony . There was something wrong with the format and he said, in order to fix it , he had to delete everything . Shhhhhhh, I told him to go ahead, knowing the weddin pics were safely stored on my computer . I left my camera with him while Jim & I showered . We went across the street and ate at Joe's Crab House . The food was delicious and we really had a good time with the kids that worked there . They were standing on the chairs and singing YMCA ... they got everyone involved . We walked back over to the Sony store and picked up my camera . My camera was like new again . I asked the gentlemen , how much, and he said, nothing . I asked to give him $20. for his own pocket and still he would not accept it . I knew I wasn't in New Jersey, ToTo . Again, once we hit the room, we both crashed out .
    Tuesday, we had breakfast in the hotel food court . Did I mention at $49.00 per night, breakfast was included . It was continental, but they had waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins & pastries . Jim & I both had waffles which were excellent . We then went to SeaWorld . It was a gorgeous day . We loved the new dolphin & whale show . We both went on Journey to the Atlantis & Kraken . Yes, Jim went on Kraken . We fed the dolphins & stingrays . We saw the manatees & penguins . SweeT !!! Ate at the hospitality house . I had the roast beef sandwich and Jim had the bratwurst . I'm really liking this new Bud Light Lime . We went to Shamu's Happy Harbour and went on Shamu's Little Rollar Coaster and then we went over to Wild Artic to ride the stimulator and to see the polar bears . The day ended at SeaWorld with Believe, another excellent show .
    That evening, we went back over to the Marketplace and ate at the Rainforest Cafe . I bought the cutest Snowbabie in the Christmas Shoppe . Who else is sitting with the snowbabie, but Tinkerbell with a lit up tinkiling snowflake . Jim bought me a sweet SS Mickey mouse bracelet , with all different colour heads . I LoVe It and for an additional $20. we got a roll along carry on bag . Perfect . !
    Yesterday was our very first time at IOA and we loved it . Robbie showed up at our room at 7:45 PM , we grabbed breakfast at the hotel . This morning, we had OJ, coffee, and bagels . We stopped at 7 Eleven filled the car up and drove back to Thrifty, which was by the airport, dropped the car off . Again, no hassles, took the car, wrote the mileage, checked the gas guage and said Thank You .
    Off to IOA, Robbie bought his AP and first we did Universal Studios . We went on The simpsons, as Robbie had never been on it . Oh, did we laugh . We then did Shrek 4D and this time we got pictures with the Donkey & Princess Fiona and Shrek . Then we hit Jimmy Neutron, another first, as we had missed this the first time . Another ride that we laughed & LoVed . And then we headed over to The Mummy . Would you believe the same black guy on stilts , the one with the spooky eyes . I told him what happened and we reenacted the picture , but this time it was even better . Cleopatra was there too . I'll show these too you when I get home . We had lunch at Finnegans . After lunch, we went over to IOA . First, we went on the tour of Atlantis . Too Cool !!! Next Jurassic Park, Dudley Doo right and Popeyes . Soaked !!! I loss so much weight that as I was coming off Popeye, my shorts fell down . I had jean shorts on and they were so heavy from being soaked, right down to the ankles . Thank God, I had a longer type shirt on .
    Next we went on Spiderman . Jim liked it so much, we went on it again . Neither wimps wanted to go on The Hulk, so I said, the heck, I only live once and went on it myself . It was a wild coaster , but I still liked it .
    We had ressies at Jimmy Buffets for 7:15, but got in early at 5:30 . We all had margaritas , Robbie had ribs, Jim had Carribean chicken and I had the paradise burger . Very Good Food ! Another first for us both . LoVed It, the food and atmosphere . All the way out, I stopped in the Christmas Shoppe and bought a Grinch Ornament .
    We stopped at Publix for tonights dinner and headed over to Robbies . We are now on our way to see the Gators and they are yelling to me , to HURRY UP . Then we are coming back to the pool . Robbies two girl friends are driving in from Miami and are going to the pin event with us . The weather , so far, so good . It sprinkled while we were at SeaWorld, but stopped before we even got wet .
    Got To Go , but before I do, Jim's father made it through surgery . Luckily, the doctors were able to do the catherization, although he is still blocked 50% . He is in ICU and will have a stress test Monday . Keep praying for good results . We do not want him to have open heart surgery . Talk with you all soon . Luv Yas !!!
    Tomorrow its off to WDW !!!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Wow, you've done so much already! :p015:
    It sounds like you're having an amazing time...apart fromt he burger and the uncontrollable shorts :lol: Can't wait to see the Mummy photos.
    Thinking of Jim's dad too :hug2:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like you are having a great time! I love Spiderman, it is one of my favorite rides!

Will continue to pray for Jim's dad.

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Wow! You have been busy!

Did Jim happen to get a photo of you and your wayward shorts? :lol:

Jim's father is in my thoughts and prayers.

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Glad to hear that you are having an action packed vacation Tinker.
    Please give Jim my best regards, my thoughts are with him.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Thanks for the live trip report :D I love hearing from "the place"

7. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

YEA!! this means its almost my turn!!

8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like you are having a great time Tinker! :D

So glad things are going well for your DFIL - hope things keep on track for him :hug2:

9. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Great tr. Sorry but your shorts episode made me smile. Hope Jims dad improves more and more :hug2:

10. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like an amazing trip so far and you haven't even been to Disney yet!!! Wow!!!

We will be sending lots of pixie dust for Jim's Dad. :hug1: