1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hurray we're here - the story so far

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Sam, May 17, 2013.

1. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Day One - Having been on UK time I woke up at silly o'clock closely followed by the others. After starting at the Waffle House we went on to Epcot.

The day was great, not too busy except couldn't get on Test Track as it had broken down, but hey ho. Anyway rather than do the whole day there we decided to come back later for the Herman Hermits concert so headed home for a bit stopping off at Target for some provisions.

Some how Gethin got separated from his dad and went missing for about 20 mins (although it felt like longer). The staff were amazing. As soon as they found out he was missing the front doors were locked and staff stationed on each one. Then they did a hunt round for him. An announcement of code red was made and even other customers started looking. Of course he was found but I was an emotional wreck after that. When Gethin was lost in Tesco's at home the staff wouldn't even stop chatting to each other let alone do anything else.

Well from there the day got better (please note there is a note of sarcasm in that statement). My dad has brought his partner with us on this trip. To say that she is highly strung is an understatement. We were only on day one and she kicked off throwing a tantrum about what I don't know. It really was like watching a child screaming and stamping her feet. Great just what we all needed. I didn't help really by saying I've already got three children on this trip I don't need another one - oops couldn't help myself. Well to cut a long story short, my lovely hubbie waded in and calmed her down and we managed (just) to return to Epcot for the concert.

Thank god that day was over.

Day Two - Today was Blizzard Beach day. The day went really well, we were there from opening and my dad and his partner spent most of the day with my little brother going off doing other rides.

Later that day we decided to go to Downtown Disney for a wander and a beer in Raglan Road. Once again over something silly, our extra guest threw yet another tantrum. After much sulking she felt she could talk to my Andrew, who is ever the diplomat, and told him that no one liked her and that she wanted to go home. To be honest if I could have got her on a flight that night I would have. Still we had a reasonable night after we all ignored her.

Day Three - Magic Kingdom. Dad, his partner and my brother went off to do their own thing - yeh. Andrew, the kids and I had a fab day relaxing day doing character meets in particular Merida, Space Mountain, Buzz, Speedway, the parade, bit of shopping and a good play in the new Fantasy Land area. We decided to leave the other side of the park for another day. It really was nice to not rush round like a lunatic. No tantrums today - hurray.

Day Four - Animal Kingdom. A lovely day. After being there for rope drop and doing the safari first, Dad and others went off to do their own thing and Andrew, the kids and I had a lovely time doing exactly what we wanted again. We managed to get a load of character meets done, all the rides and had an overall very relaxing day. The tantrums seem to have subsided for now.

Day Five - Another early one. Meg really wanted to do the Jedi training so we left everyone to do the bag checks so that we could get on and get signed up. Even though we arrived to sign up just 10 mins after opening we still didn't get a slot till 1.50pm. After that rushed over got fast passes for Toy Story then met the others at Tower of Terror. We walked straight on but by the time we came out there was a 45 min wait. Once again the group split and we again had a nice day. The kid's were desperate to see Wreck it Ralph so got that done, rode Star Tours 3 times, did Toy Story, watched the Indiana Jones show then watched Meg kick Darth Vaders butt.

Left the park about 3 then as usual the kids went straight in the pool. It wasn't long before we hear a big scream from the Gethin who has managed to slip and land head first on the deck. He got himself a bloody nose and huge egg on his forehead, but was very quick to get back in the pool after a quick cry. That child is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm just grateful it wasn't something more serious.

In the evening we went to our favorite restaurant Outback. The meal, as usual was smashing, especially our Bloomin onion.

Day Six - today is an easy day. We decided to have a morning at home and will be heading out after lunch. Andrew and I want to see the Star Wars end of evening show at HS so after a bit of meandering round the mall we are going to pop down for that. In the meantime my dad and co will be dropped off at Magic Kingdom. After HS we're then going to go over to Magic Kingdom to meet them and see the Electrical parade and Wishes. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully no more drama today.
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Good to know people will pull out all the stops when someone goes missing.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It sounds like you are having a good time even with the things that have been happening :hug2:
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  4. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far - hope gethin has no more accidents

:wiggle:
  5. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

On a monday after a nascar race when you go to the outback and mention ryan newman (the driver sponsored by outback) you get a free bloomin onion. Just in case you are going back.
    I love the outback especially those slushy cocktails :eek:

:wiggle:
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

My son, Andrew, is a waiter at Outback :) Once a week he brings home lunch for the next day for me...usually their salmon, it's always a treat...as is the 40% discount we enjoy when we go with him to eat!

If I were you I'd threaten your dad's partner with spending the rest of the vacation with "Michael" if she doesn't straighten up!

Now then, about Gethin...I believe I suggested LoJack and bubble wrap, yes?
  7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Pleased you're managing to have fun even with grown up tantrums!

What were the crowds like in Fantasyland? You could barely move back in December, we actually left in the hope that things would calm down for when we return in July.

Taregt did a great job when Gethin went missing - can't see that happening in a supermarket over here!

Keep on having fun :hug2:
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well you are certainly having a lively and interesting holiday! Isn't it amazing how someone (in this case your poor Da's partner) can mess up a Disney holiday? I mean, seriously? :sigh:

Your Gethin keeps you on your toes, eh? :eek: :D

Nice that you are getting to see and do so much. Hopefully things will continue to be nice for you (and no repeat of the bits that weren't)! :nono:
  9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hope Gethin recovers from his bump on the head and glad it wasn't more serious. Sorry you had to put up with the tantrums. It does sound like you are having a good trip otherwise though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2