1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Hurray we're here - we're half way through

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Sam, May 23, 2013.

1. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Well since the start of the hols when we encountered one or two meltdowns things have been good.

We've so far managed to get round all the parks and do all we want except for the other side of Magic Kingdom. test track at Epcot and Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. Rather than do whole days at Star Wars weekend we did them over two half days, seeing the parade one morning and the Hoopla another night. They were both great although I only really got to watch the Hoopla through the many camera phones that were held up in front of us. Still we were there to get in the atmosphere more than anything.

We went back one evening for Fantasmic and started in the already huge queue at 7.30 for the 9 o'clock show. We got to about 8.45 and it was announced that there was a delay. Eventually we were allowed in just after 9 only to be told once we were seated that the show was cancelled. They decided to give us a taster and let off some of the fireworks and show the lasers but that was it, 12 mins later we were all coming out.

We've done Universal over the past couple of days and the lines haven't been too bad. Today we're doing a late one for Universal to go on some of the rides we want to repeat. We've managed to buy all kinds of Despicable Me merchandise, dance with a minion and cuddle Gru so things are good.

In the morning the Davies side of the group are all getting up early to go off to Epcot to try to get Test Track in. Then the plan is to come home to chill for the whole day then go to Magic Kingdom later in the evening for the 24 hour opening. Saying that I expect we're be home by midnight. Of course there is a chance that the park will be closed due to being full to capacity but that's the risk we're take.

The weather has been good considering what those poor people are going through in Oklahoma. I sat late one evening watching the lightening jump from cloud to cloud. At that point there was no rain or even thunder, it just looked like there was a battle going on in the clouds. We had the rain in the night, but then on from there we've managed to miss the rain at the parks except on Tuesday when there was a bit of a downpour whilst we were on Harry Potter. Even yesterday when the heavens well and truly opened we were on our way home in the car.

Compared to our last trip, this one has been much more relaxed. Rather than rushing round we've managed to take it pretty slow leaving my dad and co to go off doing their own thing.

I must tell you about our shopping bargain at Lake Buena Vista shopping mall. We ended up there only by chance and Meg being Converse queen nearly wet herself when she saw the Converse shop. We popped in only to find a nearly empty shop full of people running round with dozens of shoe boxes under their arms. Well to cut a long story short Meg found 4 pairs of various colours that fit her. We went to pay with her counting out her money for around $100 on the way only to find that all 4 pairs came to just $47. We couldn't believe it, apparently the shop was closing down so there was a 75% discount on everything. Needless to say I went back for me and got 3 pairs for me and a pair for Gethin. Can you believe how lucky we were?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm so glad things have improved :hug2: I've been reading some articles about Star Wars weekend, it sound like it was really busy and manic. I think our Keith went and he couldn't even get in to look at the merchandise.

Wow, what a bargain, you must be really pleased :D We always got to Osh Kosh at Lake Buena Vista, things seem to be cheaper there than other outlets.

I am so jealous you being able to go to the 24hr party, it sounds brilliant, I can't wait to hear what you think about it :D

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

So pleased things have picked up for you :yes:
    Will you get the chance to go back to see Fantasmic?
    Keep on enjoying :hug2:

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Sam, how long did you manage to stay at the 24hr party :D

I thought about texting you and getting you to stand in front of the web cam and wave to us :lol: