1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

I have a ticket question!

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by OconeeDawg, Jul 22, 2012.

1. OconeeDawg

OconeeDawg Earning my ears

Rather than buy a park hopper ticket for one day can I buy an additional day's ticket and go to two parks on just one day?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, but that would be more expensive than a park hopper, I believe? :unsure:

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

No, you cannot do that. Unless you mean that you are going to buy a separate one day ticket and that is roughly $83 a person. Park hopping option is $54 a person, no matter how many days.

4. Tink

You can purchase two tickets for use in one day. One for one park and one for another. That is my understanding of the question.

A parkhopper option for one day should work out cheaper.

Now, if the question is can someone buy a two day ticket, and use it on the same day, no. But again, with two separate one day tickets, you can use them however you please for which they are valid.

5. Johnie

I'm understanding that he would have a 4-5 (whatever number of days) base ticket and is soaking if he can use 2 of those days on the SAME day in different parks. Because adding a 5th or 6th day is cheaper than adding the hopper option. Disney will NOT allow that.

6. Johnie

It would be very expensive to buy separate one day tickets to each park.

7. Tink

Yes, that is the point. One method is not allowed and the other is too expensive.

8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm assuming from what you are asking that you already have a 4 or 5 day ticket without the hopper option and you want to buy another ticket so that you can use your current ticket to got to say, Magic Kingdom in the morning and then buy a one day ticket at the gate of say, Animal Kingdom for the afternoon.

If I've got this right, then yes you can :) You can only buy a single day ticket at the gate of the parks. It will be very expensive to do this though, the cost of single day tickets is Adults: $93.43 and children (3 - 9) $87.14

If you have already bought your tickets, it might be worth seeing how much it is to add the hopper option for the whole ticket. Disney will upgrade unused tickets and you can do this at DTD Guest Services or at the ticket booths at the parks.

If you let me know what you have already then I can have a look at the different prices for you :)