1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

I know l am being a pain BUT

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disneybumble, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Can l book a hotel through WDW website here and buy my tickets over there,as it would be cheaper.

AND]
    POR or POFQ

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Sure you can! you can book a hotel from the UK on either the UK or US website whichever turns out cheaper for you and then buy the tickets from wherever you like :yes: (although the UK has a special 14day for price of 7day ultimate ticket at the moment which you can only buy in the UK... £235)

...but the answer is yes :) Alternatively you can ask one of the forum TAs to look into it all for you, they can often come up with deals and offers we don't even know about

3. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Thanks Keith
    ..............................just one other thing.
    what's OKW like, and what's in a studio.

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I personally prefer POR but it is completely personal preference to the theming, POFQ is more orderly and neat (and smaller) ad POR is more rambling and larger, I like walking so I really enjoyed walking the grounds at POR but if being close to all the facillities are inportant then POFQ is probably better. Both have really nice pools and food courts and the shops are similar - of course you can use the facillities at both anyway - don't think you can go wrong with either tbh.
    Oh and I can't comment on the busses as we always drive but that may bea consideration.

They boat have the fantastic boat ride to DTD which I absolutely love especially in the evening, I love the view of DTD from the water :yes:

Search for both a look at lots of photos - thats what I did to originally decide which I preferred :thumbsup:

5. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

you....a pain....never :tongue:

6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Hmmmmm...Tink should be along soon. OKW is her home resort and she knows it inside out!

If I remember correctly from my research, the studios are one room with two queen beds and a kitchenette with a sink, under counter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and a toaster. Not sure about the toaster, though. There also are some basic utensils and I believe disposable plates, cups, and cutlery.

OKW has the largest rooms of all the DVC resorts. Only three buildings have elevators to the upper floors, all of the others have stairs only. Just in case that is a consideration!

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

hi siobhan

i got the 14 day ultimates for our trip last year. worked out a lot cheaper

take no notice of the 14 days for the price of 7 thats what the ultimates cost anyway, mine were 186 last year i think

8. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

Our 14 day ultimate is £218 at the moment cheaper than the 14 for 7 day pass.

Yes OKW studio has 2 queen beds, have done that exercise for someone as they did not want one king bed so OKW came out best.
    Kim