I know my ticker says I'm gone, but...

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Vixynne, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Vixynne

Vixynne New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Middle school teacher of English & Literacy.
    A stone's throw from Plymouth Rock
    ...we actually leave to go see Our Christmas Castle in just about 13 hours! [​IMG]

I'm running around like a crazy person, :mental:trying to make sure of EVERYTHING. Did I remember the yellow sticky luggage tags for the Magical Express? (Yes, but panic ensued when I realized they only sent THREE and we're checking FOUR luggage items. Gah! Luckily, one phone call set my blood pressure back to normal.)

Did I locate the missing itinerary Spreadsheet Of Doomâ„¢ that I've been working on since April? (Yes, thank heavens it turned up, just when I thought I'd lost or misplaced it in the clutter of my life!)
    Flights confirmed? (Yep.)

All luggage packed, packing checklists checked more than Santa checks his Naughty/Nice Lists? (Yes, indeed!)

Dog deposited at the Dragon Lady (ex-mother-in-law)'s house for dogsitting? (Yes, poor doggie misses us already, and is apparently anxiously pacing and whining--IMHO he's looking for a way out, much as I did for 20 years...)

Banking done? Bills paid and up-to-date? (Yes, thankfully!)
    Driveway shoveled out from under 3 feet of snow that fell on Sunday? (Ow, my aching back--yes.)

Now all that's needed is some tried-and-true method for getting three REALLY keyed-up Disney fans sleepy enough to crash for a few hours of solid rest before the limo shows up at 3:30 A.M...no fit hour for man nor beast, methinks! I really want to avoid cranky sleep-deprived kids (or Mom either, for that matter--I get really grouchy when overtired!)...anyone have any (legal) ways of getting them to drift off for some decent rest tonight? :surrender: I'm thinking warm, relaxing baths, maybe a glass of warm chocolate milk, and a very early bedtime, so that they can do some tossing and turning before hitting the "OKAY YOU HAVE TO SLEEP NOW" red zone on the clock. Any other ideas I could try?
  2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2008
    Have them read the dictionary. :yes: Hey! It works!