1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

I know not around for months and then ask a resort question.

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disneybumble, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

OKW 2 bed villa's, are they nice. They seem bigger than SSR and have a bigger balcony/outside area.

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Tink really likes OKW. I know I have heard her say they are larger and that makes sense since they were the first ones built. I haven't stayed there but I'm sure Tink will be along soon to answer your question.

3. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

well you're a cheeky one aren't you? you don't come and see us for months then turn up asking questions....! i'm kidding, been missing you around here :hug2::hug2:

sooooo when are you going then Siobhan?

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's wonderful to see you Siobhan!!! We're here for your questions any time you care to ask! :yes:

Yes, OKW villas of any size are the largest DVC villas in WDW. The grounds are also, and very beautifully kept. You can park right outside your villa, and are never far from a pool whether quiet, or one of the two larger pools. There are bus stops peppered throughout the resort, and any one of them will take you to the Hospitality House (main area).

There is a nicely stocked (although not complete by any means) little grocery corner in the shop there, and Olivia's (the restaurant) will do for a decent meal. There are two snack bars, the one at the main pool being in use more often.

Boat rentals, bike rentals and the walking path to DTD are some of the other features of OKW.

Atmosphere is perfect. Return from the parks all dragged out and stop by Gurgling Suitcase for a "libation" (as they like to say) and feel as if you've entered another world where all is laid back, no chaos exists and it's always 5 o'clock. ;)

Yep, it's our favorite DVC. Does it show?

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ooops, meant to add there are two types of 2 BR villas. A conventional 2 bedroom, or a "lockout" which consists of a one bedroom and studio. We prefer the latter as it provides two separate entrances, the full little kitchenette and privacy for the bathroom.

Some of the conventional 2 bedrooms have the entry for the master/main bath through the master bedroom and that's not always convenient, eh?

So, depending upon your preferences, request a lockout. :yes:

6. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Thank you ladies. Well we have booked arghhhhhhhhhhh. I shall start a new thread.