1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

if you had one day alone at wdw

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by poohsfriend, Sep 24, 2008.

1. poohsfriend

poohsfriend Earning my ears

Question: if you had just one full day alone at disney where would you go and what would you do :)
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I would get a lunch and snacks together the night before.

I would get up early and be at AK before the gates were open. Once opened I'd head right for Pangani Forest trail (picking up a FP for the Safari on the way) and I'd go and visit with my beloved gorillas. :yes: I'd then do the safari. After that I'd head for the Maharajah Jungle Trek, and maybe catch the Bird show. I stop by some of my other favorite animal habitats, and hopefully, head out in time to be at EPCOT no later than 11:00 am.

When I arrived at EPCOT I'd have a lunch of what I was carrying, and then most likely spend the rest of my time in this park. :yes:
  3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I have done this and let me tell you sometimes it's just nice to be on your own to do what you want when you want :yes:

I would get to Epcot at opening and head over to do Soaring. After that I'd get myself a nice cup of coffee and wander back over to the fountain and just sit, relax, and people watch for a bit. I'd then walk over to the other side and take a nice clam shell ride :oyster: and spend all sorts of time watching the fish :nemo2:

When the world showcase opened up I'd spend the rest of the time (or until my feet give out) just wandering in and out of stores, watching performers, and picking up a few snacks here and there :birdie:
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Like Tink....I'd be at AK for the rope drop. I'd head straight for some quiet time with the tigers then move on to the gorilas. Catch the first showing of Lion King.
    Head over to MK for the parade and castle show. Take in the atmosphere of MK and have a lovely wander around until Wishes.
  5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I think I would go to AK, I don't like being out on my own much but i think i would feel comfortable mooching around AK, watching the shows and seeing the animals :p015:

That said I love a couple of hours on my own shopping :D Dh usually takes the kids off to minigolf (which drives me potty) and I go to DTD for some retail therapy :D
  6. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

About half of my WDW visits are solo, so days alone at WDW are quite common!

One day only is hard. It would depend on the time of year and who else was on the trip--what limitations exist due to the interests of others.

During Christmas season, I probably would spend a day visiting the deluxe resorts and checking out the decorations and have a late lunch at one of the resorts. Then take a break at my resort (usually value) and head to MVMCP (we're assuming I had a ticket and others didn't want to attend).

Almost any other time, it would be a toss up between MK and EPCOT. Since I don't do mornings until the end of a visit (time differences), MK probably would win by a hair for a late closing and evening EMH. I don't particularly care for evening EMH at EPCOT. If I could manage morning EMH or even rope drop, EPCOT would win! :lol:
  7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

you know what much as I adore Disney I'm not sure I could cope with going alone - the pleasure for me is all about sharing it with someone.
  8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Feel the same way. I would be longing for my family. I would keep wanting to say...hey do you remember when we did so and so...and to have no one there to share it, for me would be a bit of a downer.
  9. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

And I quickly learned as a child not to wait for others to do what interests me. It could be a very long wait--as in never! :lol: And I've been solo in life for the past 15 years, so it's almost strange having others with me at times. :)

It is fun to be at WDW with family/friends, but I also treasure my solo time.
  10. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

This sums it up perfectly for me. This would be just my ideal day.
  11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I've done it alone. Get to Epcot for opening. Get coffee and breakfast from the Fountainview cafe and sit outside and watch the fountain and all the people skittering past not noticing it. Browse Mousegear for an hour. Take in Living with the Land. Slowly drift through the rose garden and get to World Showcase for opening. Slowly drift around taking in the entertainment. Stop in Germany for a Becks. Snack around the world. Linger in France at the patisserie. :D Just drift and watch people and things. Head out around 7pm and hit Downtown Disney for a couple of hours - sit outside Ghiradelli's with an ice cream before heading back to the hotel.
  12. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i do like to share it but i like to people watch and to mooch round the shops which my lot don't like to do, i usually do it while they're on gairy rides.

I think if completely on my own i wouldn't have proper meals - i'd snack and drink my way round having my favourite things:lol:
  13. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You know? I never even pictured being there solo! :lol: I don't even conceive of doing WDW without at least Herself. :D Alone means the two of us. With others means we add some folks to our "always party of two."

Am I disqualified now? :(
  14. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I wouldn't take a whole trip solo but I wouldn't mind a few hours alone. I'd do lots of browsing and shopping. I like to shop solo.
  15. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I've done solo . I'd go to the MK early for opening ceremonies ( have yet to see it ) then I'd go straight to the Main Street Bakery for a cinnamon bun & coffee . I'd watch the Main Street Trolley and performers . Its a must see for me every trip . I'd find Scoop Sanderson and pin talk with him on the newest and best releases .
    I'd then head for Fantasyland and get a FP for Peter Pans Flight . Go and see Mickey's Philharmagic and ride Its a Small World ... by then it should be time to ride Peter Pan's Flight . Afterwards, go back to Main Street and do some shopping at the Emporium . Go back to my resort for lunch, relax & a swim . Then I'd head over to Epcot /World Showcase and stroll the countries watching Off Kilter and other entertainment . I'd eat dinner at Germany and have a margarita in Mexico, where I'd find a spot for Illuminations .
  16. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I would go to HS and ride ToT all day long, and if there were a queue, everyone would just have to move for me! If I was feeling well enough after that I would go to Le Cellier or Kona for a nice meal.

Margaret
  17. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

I'd start off with the gorillas at AK, have a good old mooch round and then go back to the hotel around lunchtime. Afternoon and evening would be at MK. Get there to see thea fternoon parade, wander through the stores and go on rides until Wishes. Back on the bus to the hotel then to DTD for the rest of the evening if there is enough time