1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

If you had to leave out one park, which one?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by MrGrumpy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Earning my ears

If you had to leave out one park which one would you leave out of your plans? :/ I'm just not sure we have enough time for every thing
  2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    It depends on what your likes are but i would leave out animal kingdom
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I guess I have to agree with Robert on this one. If I HAD to leave one out I guess it would be AK.
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm the same as Robert and John, it would be Animal Kingdom for me, especially if it is really hot.

The park seems to get so hot and very busy, I think because it is smaller than the others, people congregate in certain places.

I'm not that keen on Hollywood Studios, but it is growing on me - it's good for people watching, sitting on a bench in the shade, eating an ice cream in Sunset Blvd :D
  5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We would also leave out Animal Kingdom. My favorite park is Epcot and my wife's is DHS and you can't miss MK on a visit.

They really need to concentrate on expanding AK IMO.
  6. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

i think studios is becoming a bit tiered :( it used to be my favorite park but it needs a boost :)
  7. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm with the crowd on this one. I would leave out AK. Yes, it has some really nice attractions/shows/animals, but to me I could give it a pass. I love the shops in DHS, and Fantasmic can't be missed. I could never give up Epcot as it's my favorite and well MK is just Disney. :D Plus MK has HM, my all time favorite ride.
  8. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

It would be AK for me too for pretty much the same reasons as everyone stated above, especially if you are going when it's hot!!!
  9. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Animal Kingdom for me too! I know its not the same but we love doing busch gardens and seaworld, so we see the animals there - we do MK and DHS to get our disney fix!
  10. chief

chief Earning my ears

yep although we enjoyed our visit to tusker house and expedition everest, it was our least favourite too. if you have the ultimate ticket and enough time then go for it but if time is not in your favour then i agree with all above and would miss ak out:yes:
  11. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

defo AK for me.

im also in agreement that DHS is looking a bit tired and needs something there, what, i dont know :(
  12. DisneyFreak

Bringing back Superstar Television would be huge in my book. The Monsters, Inc roller coaster would also add some additional oomph to the park.
  13. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

whats superstar television, never heard of that?

it needs something, the only addition i can think of when i first went in 2000 to nw is the sorcerers hat :(
  14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

EPCOT and AK are my favorites, so I'd never leave one of those two out! :eek:

DHS for me. Nothing much there at all interests me, and I find the park essentially boring. :(
  15. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    It is all down to personel preference the one I always i go to is EPCOT I call it the park for grownups
  16. DisneyFreak

<table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><th>Name</th> <th>Attraction Type</th> <th>Description</th> </tr> <tr> <td>Superstar Television</td> <td>Interactive stage show</td> <td>Here, guests could re-enact famous scenes from television history. Using chroma-key technology, the on-stage guests would be shown on TV monitors in the theatre appearing opposite famous celebrities. For example, a female guest would play Ethel Mertz alongside Lucille Ball's Lucy Ricardo in the famous candy factory scene from I Love Lucy. In another example, a guest would appear on the set of The Tonight Show being interviewed by Johnny Carson. It originally opened on May 1, 1989. It closed on September 26, 1998 and was replaced by Disney's Doug Live!. The theatre was renovated to host a new live-action show, the American Idol Experience, inspired by the hit television series of the same name and opened in February 2009.</td></tr></tbody></table>
  17. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I'd have to say Disney's Hollywood Studios as it's my least fave Disney park.
  18. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I can do DHS in 1/2 day (I really only ride Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster and watch Beauty & The Beast) and then spend the rest of the day at Epcot. Bonus is getting to ride the boat to Epcot. A nice naptime.

If it's hot, the best parks to be are Epcot (more indoor rides/attractions) and Animal Kingdom (more vegetative canopy...aka shade).
  19. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Interesting you should say this about AK as most say it is the hottest park to be in. However, I'm with you Gwennie :thumbsup:
  20. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I think DHS is the hottest park. I'm broiling by noon there. I don't think there are many shady places around. And even standing in line for RR and TOT, you're in the shade for a while but it's still hot because the fans don't circulate the air all that well.

I'd skip DHS, in the summer and AK in the winter. I took the parental units to AK in January one time and it was so cold there were hardly any animals out and about! :sorry: Just sayin'...

The "hot spots" at AK would be standing in line for the Nemo show and EE.

"Hot spots" at MK is anywhere out in the open LOL! For instance the main pathways through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and in front of the castle. It gets pretty warm standing and waiting for the 3pm parade, no matter what time of year if you're in the sun.

"Hot spots" at Epcot are also the main open pathways. But like I said earlier, there are plenty of indoor air-conditioned opportunities around. You don't really have to stand outdoors waiting in line for things. My fave new shady, quiet place to enjoy my margarita outdoors is the handicap ramp up the right side of the temple in MX. Another great quiet shady spot outdoors is in France on the other side of the perfume shop. Nice shady planters to sit on and enjoy your champagne. Two more indoor, air-conditioned, little-used areas are the Art of Adornments exhibit in Morocco and the Anime exhibit in Japan.