1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

If you had to leave out one park, which one?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by MrGrumpy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I am only going to mk and epcot this year as i have decided to go to unversal, seaworld and bush gardens
  2. loki

loki Earning my ears

If I had to goto only 3 parks, i'd pick epcot, magic kingdom, and hollywood studios.

Don't get me wrong, expedition everest, finding nemo: the musical, dinosaur, kali river rapids, and kilimanjaro safaris are in my top 25 disney attractions, but Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Lights! Motors! Action! Extreme Stunt Show, Muppet*Vision 3-D, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Studio Backlot Tour, The Great Movie Ride, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror tip the scale towards DHS by 0.001%
  3. kimb28

kimb28 Earning my ears

We are going to AK just to ride Everest (and maybe the safari if time allows) and then hopping over to HS for the rest of the day. I think AK would be better if traveling with kids. We have an amazing zoo in Columbus, Ohio, so the animals are something I can see at home.
  4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I am with Kimb28 here.... Everest is really amazing ride! I would do a very very quick trip.

Sadly, like the majority, I would leave AK out of the planning if you are short of time.
  5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I would never leave out AK..we love that park!

For us we would give DHS a miss. I think we only have one day there for this trip and we will be able to do everything we are interested in. :yes:
  6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We are with you Shelly. However, don't forget there is the new Star Tours attraction now. :yes: We've not taken the boy to it yet, but plan to soon.
  7. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

It would be MK. None of us like it at all. We will spend maybe 3-4 hrs in it but it does nothing for us and we cant wait to leave. Even after six trips to WDW we still dont care for it. DHS is the one we love love love and even though it is small, it has everything we love. We often spend two full days there. We didnt like AK on our first visit but love it now. We wouldnt mind leaving Blizzard Beach out too. In fact we dont ever bother with it now.

Mags
  8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I will let Drew do the Star Tours and let me know how it was. It might be something I have to give a miss this time around. I guess I will have to have a chat with my doctor before we go.
  9. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

I would probably leave out DHS if pushed - I love AK overall, just the feel of it. DHS - now I adore RRC and TOT - they are two of my absolute fave rides ever, but the look of of the park is getting a bit bland overall. However, I will make sure I never have to choose as I like all of the Disney Parks!

If I only had time for three out of four, I'd get a park hopper and split time between DHS and AK of you wanted to get a flavour and do the "must sees".
  10. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Aninal kingdom for us in fact out of our last visits we only went on the 1st time and didnt bother again. I just dont see whats there but perhaps I need to read more about it for next time
  11. Tink

You make a very good point, reading about AK I mean. :yes:

Early on there was a Disney Animal Kingdom Guidebook. We purchased it and have loved AK from the beginning.

The park is an amazing feat of subtlety. Every single aspect of it is created for a particular purpose, either to invoke the atmosphere of an African village, or to respect the culture of a society other than Western (or American) so on and so forth.

The incredible work that goes on behind the scenes with the animals is legendary and ground breaking. It was the zoologists of AK who broke the code for elephant language and brought us new understanding of those fantastic animals.

Their work goes on in with all of the species represented there. The habitats are just that, habitats to replicate with great authenticity, the animal's natural home. The habitats are set up for the animal, not the guest, so that is perceived as a detraction by some. (I can't SEE the monkey)! That sort of thing.

To be sure, many folks on holiday aren't into all that sort of thing and that is perfectly fine. :yes:

We love AK, it's an "animal EPCOT" to us. :D
  12. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Tink, we feel the same. One of my most favourite things in the whole of WDW is to take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch on a morning to watch the vets working close-up in the glass walled surgery. It is fascinating to see them work on the animals, and there is running commentary from a CM, as well as the ability to ask questions of the medical team afterwards. We have seen animals ranging from a tiny bird that had just been flown in from Japan and was having check up, to a loggerhead turtle that had suffered from the cold in the terrible weather last year and had lost a foot. They were able to heal it and put it back into the wild. Just so special to see, but of course if you didn't read up about it you wouldn't know to go and see it.

Of course, I know that this sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, but we love it :)
  13. Tink

Yes, yes, yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Learning about the work behind the "park" so to speak. :yes:

We love our memories of the first family troupe, the little boy and the little girl. So many sweet moments... things have changed now, but we still treasure those glimpses of gorilla life we were able to see. :yes:
  14. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I was going to say almost exactly the same as Deb! :)

I can't imagine leaving any of the disney parks out as that is the reason I go in the first place but at a push we spend the least amount of time at DHS so I would probably combine that with AK if I had to and just do the 'must see's'.