1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

I'm going again

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dzneeprincss, Nov 7, 2008.

1. dzneeprincss

dzneeprincss Earning my ears

Hi All-
    I know I haven't posted in awhile but been very busy. Just had to share my good fortune though.

I wanted to post this to thank Debi (Tinker). She entered a contest through the Travel Agency and won a 4 day stay in the Swan and Dolphin. The trip has to be taken next Tuesday through Friday so Debi gave it to John and I to thank us for having her with us on our trip a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to take this time to thank her and let everyone know what a wonderful friend she has become since I joined this group. So next week I have 4 days off again and then back to helping everyone else with their magic. I'll still be getting emails on my cellphone but I won't have a computer with me.

2. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

I never thought I would win, Marie . Figures, when I can't possibly go I win a trip . :lol: Anyhoo ... since I was just there courtesy of your generousity, I was more than happy to pass it on . Glad you & John could take advantage of it .
    Have Fun & Enjoy ! I want pics too since I've never been to the Swan .

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Someone won a trip with a Travel Agency that you work for, and then gave it to you? :unsure: Is that really allowed? Unusual if it is. Usually if someone works for a company that is giving out prizes, employees cannot win or accept those prizes.

Must be different for travel agencies.

4. dzneeprincss

No it isn't different for travel agencies the thing was there were no restrictions just a donation made to a chrity that the travel agency sponsors.

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Have a wonderful trip, Marie!

6. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

aww how nice! have a great time

7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Have a lovely time! :p015:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the explanation. Not something I'm familiar with to be sure.

9. dzneeprincss

Thanks All!!!

Tink no problem it's just a different way of a company showing their appreciation for all that we do for them.

10. Tinker

Tinker Addicted to Mickey

You are correct, Sister Tink . Most of the times if you are affiliated with that company , then you are not allowed to participate . Like now that I work for Disney, I cannot nor can any member of my immediate family participate in any contest or offer such as What Will You Celebrate . But as Marie said ... the travel agency is a contributor to Give Kids The World . For every x amount of dollars , another room was added . Nine Total ! My name was picked and I contacted the owner of this travel agent and asked her to forward my trip to Marie & John .
    The members here could have been involved as well, since you have the same sponsor . Jim & I both donated
    $ 5.00 each . They weren't asking for an extravegent amount of money . Just $5.00 , got you a chance at winning and most importantly added more money to the cause .