1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Imagination Pavilion Rumors

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Faythstar, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

Has anyone heard the rumors about the Imagination Pavilion changes? I'm seeing that it's "all but official" that the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will be closing in January 2014. They are saying that Captain EO will be removed completely and that the Imagination Ride will be closed for a year for an "extensive renovation". The rumor is that something Phineas & Ferb-themed will be going in, but many are hoping the ride will be refurbished to its original form.

I am totally okay with Captain EO going away. I always thought that was boring.

I hated the "new" Journey Into Imagination, and I would love them to bring back the original, as they have recently done with the Enchanted Tiki Room. (Fans made enough noise, and they switched it back to the original.) That would be my first choice. I love me some Figment. But if they do decide to completely get rid of the Figment ride (I will cry), but I think they could do a lot worse than a Phineas & Ferb attraction. P&F have become a pretty serious commodity in the Disney universe, and I think they can be thought of as "new classic" characters. Plus, they completely embody what the Imagination Pavilion is about.

What do you guys think about the rumors?

2. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I also heard it's likely to become a P&F attraction too :)

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Since I have no idea who Phoebe and Furby are :shrug1: and I'm a big fan of Future World of the Past (ha, that sounds funny), I would prefer Jounrney Into Imagination coming back in classic form with Dreamfinder and Figment. :figment:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

This is the first time I have heard this rumour.

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I have heard it was closing for a few years.

I have to say I love it! Its one of my favorites. I do remember the oroginal version and liked it more, but I still find the "new" which is actually very dated version.

It reminds me of my childhood, love the imagination song and think the labs could be very fun, if they worked.

I think they could do some sort of refurbishment to get more working stuff in it, like they did with the Living Seas, which was pretty boring for the longest time.

I will be very sad if Figment goes :( Its one of the few places where little ones can go on a funny, different ride without waiting in line for an hour.

As for Captain EO, its like 381947 years old, and 3D movies are everywhere now, so it jas lost its wow factor in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Maybe they'll bring back Magic Journeys? :shocked: