1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Imagineers Go Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Today was the official reopening of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Magic Kingdom Park.

In the video below, Imagineers Eric Jacobson, Dave Hoffman, Eric Swapp and others offer a look at what’s new at this Adventureland attraction and also share their thoughts on what has kept it a guest favorite over the years.

The attraction, which originally debuted at Magic Kingdom Park as The Tropical Serenade in 1971, was one of the first attractions to ever prominently feature Audio-Animatronics figures as the stars of the show. This latest reimagined version can be described as a tribute to the original show with enhancements that include re-mastered audio, new lighting and the debut of an elaborate new centerpiece

[YOUTUBE]200CTMZyma8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

That's exciting! I love this show. I enjoy sitting in the back near the wall, so I can take it all in. :yes:
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Can't wait to see this in November.
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

In all the times we've been to MK, we've never seen this show!
    When we met Josh at DHS, i think he was rather surprised that we had never done the Little Mermaid show either.