Innovations West at Epcot to Close for Refurbishment

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

There have been rumours circulating for a while that Innovations West at Epcot was going to close.

Disney have released the following statement:

"The last day of operation for the exhibits in Innoventions West has been changed to April 29 , 2015 including THINK presented by IBM, The Great Piggy Bank Adventure presented by T. Rowe Price,and Where’s the Fire? presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance. We have enjoyed hosting them at Innoventions and thank them for the experiences they provided to our Guests.

Innoventions West will close temporarily starting April 30, so we can begin preparing that space for a new experience. We look forward to sharing more about it in the future.

Additionally, after reaching the end of our agreement, Vision House presented by Green Builder Media in Innoventions East will no longer be available starting April 22, 2015. Guests will still be able to enjoy a variety of exhibits throughout Innoventions East, including Take a Nanooze Break, The Sum of all Thrills, Stormstruck, and Habit Heroes."

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Definitely time to change it up in both places. :yes: These two sites could really be brought into Walt's vision of the EPCOT!

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    Couldn't agree more with you, Tink. :yes:

Having said that, I will say that Jon and Andrew are going to be absolutely crushed with this news. As hokey as it is, Where's the Fire is a long-standing tradition in our family - guys v. girls sometimes, sometimes parents v. kids - but always a raucous time. It will be missed and I'm glad we had a chance to play it on our last visit. Looking forward to new things! :)

4. piglet

piglet Active Member

clerical
    That's exactly the same with us. First thing we do when we go into Innoventions is to try the 'Where's the Fire' on which I invariably lose but it is such fun, will really miss that :sad:

5. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    I've never been to either of them :embarassed:

6. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Member

Sign Language Interpreter
    I gotta say I think this entire section is out of date and in my humble opinion pretty boring. They could use that space for something much more fun.
    The last time we visited we only used that section to stay out of the rain.