1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

*Insert cool name for trip report here*

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Shellyamc, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We have 93 days to go, so I thought it might be time for a pre-trip kind of a thing. Honestly though, I don't think I have ever done an actual trip report. :unsure: I will have to see how that goes this trip with us getting back just before Thanksgiving. :shrug1:

Cast:
    Shelly: Me! Mommy of tiny humans, lover of Disney, maker of magic, planner of all details so that everyone else thinks these trips just fall into place ;) Loves to pester the one and only Johnie :lol:
    Drew: Hubby and Daddy! Rider of large scary things, pusher of strollers, taker of video, and the ones who nods and smiles when I try to talk Disney details!
    Katelyn: Is turning 7!!! Always wants to be in control, wants to know every detail (future planner!), loves her Princesses, and has decided she is shy all of a sudden :shrug1:
    Marc: Is almost 5! Can you believe it??? My drama queen! Wants his way or nothing at all :lol: Hates waiting in line, loves rides. Can't wait to ride BTMR with Mama :) Hopes to see Jake on this trip!
    Anthony: Will be 1 year and 7 months on this trip. He has no idea what he is in for :lol: He says Minnie with no trouble, but every time he sees Mickey he yells "baby!" I'm not sure if Mickey will be offended :lol:
    Joe: aka - My Dad aka- Poppie! He never wanted to go to Disney and we had to drag him kicking and screaming, but by day #2 he was talking about "the next time!" :lol: He is now a Disney addict and is ready to go!
    Sandy: aka- My Mom aka- Nani! Just wants to be on vacation :lol: Loves to relax and eat Mickey waffles! She loves the fact she can go on 90% of things with us even though she isn't a "ride" person :yes:

I believe we started talking about and planning this trip around day 3 of our last vacation. Everyone just fell in love with what Dh and I already knew :yes: So since we had done Halloween at Disney everyone decided we should do Christmas next. We could never go during the summer months, so we can try to hit every holiday but 4th of July :) Since Katie's Birthday is the beginning on November, we thought we could make it her special trip. So I tried to match up her Birthday, Christmas decorations going up, and I knew free dining would probably be sometime in the first few weeks. So we booked and then waited until June to see what the free dining dates looked like. Turns out we only needed to move our date back by 2 days, so it was worth it. We won't be there for Katie's actual Birthday, but we leave the day after, so she was fine with it. Our first day we are headed to the Pirates League for makeovers, so she will be over the moon. We are getting there on November 10th in the evening and we are flying out on the 21st in the afternoon. We are doing MVMCP on our first full day because I got my party tickets before we moved our dates - oops! I think I have all of our details in place (with Johnie's help), and I'm honestly happy that we will be dealing with shorter hours than we are used to. With the baby being over a year younger than Marc was when we took him, I think earlier nights and more time to relax will come in handy. We are trying some new places we haven't eaten before, so that will be exciting. I really don't book dinners at the resorts yet because I think it is too crazy with little ones. Dragging them on and off the bus just to eat would not go over well with my bunch, so we pretty much stick to the park we are in. We are hitting most of the character meals on the monorail line this time, so that should be fun. So I think that is it for now. Some highlights of this trip:

*Flying! This will be the first time on a plane for the kids, so they are crazy excited.
    *MVMCP
    *Makeovers!
    *1900 Park Fare
    *Akershus Princess Storybook breakfast
    *Breakfast at O'hana (this is for me :D )
    *Osborne Lights
    *Katie's Birthday celebration (I will order a custom cake for her)
    *Anthony's 1st trip to Disney!!

:wiggle:
  2. Badlydrawnkel

Badlydrawnkel Addicted to Mickey

Sounds amazing!
  3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

All sounds fabulous!
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you are going to have a car, you will want to consider ordering the cake from Publix. They are beyond fabulous and so much cheaper than Disney. However, I've ordered birthday cakes from Disney and they are very nice too. :yes:
  5. Shellyamc

That would be my first choice, but we won't have a car this trip. We have talked about doing SW or US, but we just feel our kids are too small to get much out of it. So since we are flying and using DME, we are pretty much stuck, but I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be stuck ;)
  6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

So exciting! Did I miss which hotel you are staying at?
  7. Shellyamc

Oh!! We are staying at the POR-FQ and we are super excited about it :mental: :D
  8. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

It's gorgeous here. We've got a really lovely room. Unfortunately it's one of the rooms with no fridge but there's an ice machine nearby so it's not too bad. Just been to the pool, the slide is brilliant!
  9. Shellyamc

Eeeeee!!!! :bounce: Take LOTS of pictures! I can't wait to see them :)
  10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Lol you do not pester me!
  11. Shellyamc

I do - you just like it :D
  12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Lol I DO like it
  13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Who needs a cool NAME when you're going to have such a cool TRIP!!!

Everything sounds brilliant, and it's just the perfect time to go!!! OMG, you are going to have SUCH great photos to share...I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :mental: :mental: :mental:
  14. Shellyamc

I am kind of :mental: :mental: myself!! I am so excited!! I hear Katie and Marc sitting with Anthony telling him all about the rides and shows and I could cry! They are so excited to show their brother all the things they love. I think I need to pack tissues!:yes:
  15. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I think you may need to put warning signs on your trip reports and photos!!

"Warning: May cause eye leakage and extreme heart string pulling."
  16. Shellyamc

I hope so!!! I would love some mushy memories :yes:
  17. Shellyamc

Just found out that Santa will be arriving at WDW on the 19th of November!! :wiggle:

That gives us the 19th (we are at Epcot that day) and the 20th ( MK day for us) to see the big guy! Worst case we could also take the quick boat ride over to DTD and catch him at the World of Disney store! Bonus :yes:
  18. Tink

You do know that in those WS countries where Christmas is celebrated, there are Santas, along with Pere Noel, Father Christmas... more than one version of our Americanized depiction. Nice, but could be confusing for little people...

Also, there is usually a Santa greeting place in DTD. You know the sort of place, photos are taken, that sort of thing. There is also a wicked cool Santa place in the Mall at Millenia. Not that you'll want to spend time in a mall, but just thought I'd mention it. :yes: :D
  19. Shellyamc

Hmmm..I will have to think about that. It could be confusing, or interesting for them, I'm not totally sure. I know we have talked to them before about Italian traditions, so possibly not. Do you think all of the "Santa" versions will be out on the 19th, or just the American version?
  20. Tink

Santas typically don't come out until after Thanksgiving, but things change all the time. Italy has La Bufana.