1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

International Drive’s “I-Walk Orlando” - work to begin soon

Discussion in 'Other Parks and Attractions News & Rumours' started by Wendy, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Last week the companies planning to build the “I-Walk Orlando” attraction area secured the first stage of approval form officials at the Orange County’s Development Review Committee. There are still concerns about parking for the new complex but hopefully these will resolved before the final approval is given to the project. If all goes to plan construction could begin by the end of this year with a planned opening around March 2013.

I-Walk Orlando will be built on land previously home to the Mercado shopping Center on International Drive.

The new shopping and amusement park complex will feature a 425 foot Ferris Wheel, a Madam Tussaud’s wax museum and a SeaLife Aquarium all of which are part of the Merlin Entertainment group.

The name I-Walk Orlando may yet change as Universal Orlando is suing the developers saying it infringes on Universal’s CityWalk name and could lead customers to believe I-Walk Orlando is linked to Universal Orlando Resort.

I-Walk%20Orlando.jpg