1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Intro

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by Tazsigner, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Tazsigner

Tazsigner Earning my ears

Howdy, y'all. I am new to this site, but have a niece and nephew that I am planning a trip for to WDW. I have been to WDW twice, but it was with adults not children. Any advice would be great. We are planning this for the whole family, but especially the little tykes. Thanks.

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

:wave: Hi and welcome to Secrets.

How old are the children and when do you plan on visiting.? Have you any idea on where you would like to stay and whih parks you want to go to?

Ask as much as you want, there's many people here who will be glad to help you.

Enjoy planning your trip

Sandra

3. Tazsigner

Tazsigner Earning my ears

The children will be ages 5 and 6 when we go. We are looking at going sometime in September. I am looking in to staying at a vacation home. We have discussed going to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom. Since, I am the only one that has ever been to Disney before, the planning has fallen to me. Don't worry, I will probably be asking lots of questions, since this is the first time I have gone with children.

4. hayden matthew

hayden matthew Earning my ears

Hi to everyone

Hi to everyone..I'm new comers here.. My name is hayden matthew from london..I'm always looking for a new forum to join.. I'm glad i found this one..I hope I can meet new friends here

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Hi and welcome to secrets you will find lots of info here just ask

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to you both!

Animal Kingdom is a wonderful place to visit with children, so be sure to include that in your visit! :yes:

Disney is four parks and two water parks so there is much to choose from. Each park has something for young children, with the general belief being that MK is the most appropriate. However that is very subjective. Our little guy (who has been going since just a few months old) prefers EPCOT to MK, and AK to MK. We are not huge DHS fans, going there only for a few isolated attractions and annual events.

We have huge amounts of info on this site so don't let it overwhelm you. Feel free to post any questions you have and we'll do our best to help out!

7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Hi there and welcome. great ages to visit. The main thing is to remember they will have so much going on that they will overload quickly. make sure you plan breaks at different times during the day. make a list of attractions you think they will like and whatever you get to you get to. Whatever you don't you don't. Just keep them refreshed. I've seen so many parents dragging their kids all over all day trying to do it all and you can see the stress in both the kids and the parents. Ask as many questions as you need as all the wonderful people on the boards will answer anything you throw at them.

8. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Hello and welcome to you both. Yes, you will find a wealth of information and some really nice people here. Have fun planning your trip.

BTW...we took my daughter when she was 6 and it was the most wonderful time to take them. They are into everything and have yet to become jaded into being cool. You are in for a great vacation.:yes:

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Hi there!!
    Welcome to Secrets!

Please feel free to ask away :)

Traveling with kids makes things very different and super interesting :)

I perosnally think it takes far more advanced planning, but apart from that, it males the trip more magical :)

September is a great month to go, since its not as hot as July /August and the crowds are not bad at all. You may also catch the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot :)

I would suggest getting a few character meals with their favorite characters, we have really enjoyed them in the past :)

All 4 parks have kid geared attractions, I actually think Epcot is the park with the least "kid friendly" rides and attractions, but my little girl LOVED the Nemo ride :)

If possible, take a stroller, or rent one, at least for the 5 yo, maybe have one and have the kids take turns on it? Disney involves a lot of walking, and tired kids arent happy kids :)