1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

iPad - buy here or airport ?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Deb, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Well, I have eventually succumbed to the power of the iStuff :tongue: Our company phone contract is up soon and we are moving providers so we can get an iPhone each. I am sure I will become as addicted as all of you other apply-type geeks and have even been peeking at Macs :eek: !

Now, we also went to the local PC World/Curry's megastore (for a toaster :rolleyes: ) and decided we just HAD to have an iPad...though we have to wait a few weeks to save some pennies for it. So, does anyone know whether it would be cheaper to buy one here or at Heathrow? Or indeed whether they are available there? We are going to Nassau via Heathrow at the end of October and can wait till then if it would be cheaper. Can't imagine them having them in Nassau?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I would buy it before and set it up. You need to sync it with your iTunes account to start it up :thumbsup:
  3. Deb

Thanks Brit, I don't necessarily want it for my trip though so that won't bother me. I'll have to do some research I think!
  4. Deb

Ok, research tells me that to buy at Heathrow will only save me around £13. Not worth the hassle. Electronics are apparently expensive in Nassau, so that's ruled out! And as we will not be going to the USA this year I guess we'll be buying one here!