1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

iPhone 4 case

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by josh.p., Nov 23, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

What case does everyone use for their iPhone 4? I've finally upgraded and I also bought a 'Gear 4 Ice box pro' case. It's great because it's completely clear so you don't spoil the look of the iPhone 4 but the screen protector is rubbish and keeps getting bubbles under it :slap:

It's not the type that you stick onto the phone but it is actually part of the case.

What do you all use? I'd much prefer one with inbuilt screen protection as I hate the stick-on type ones!

Josh

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

3. josh.p.

I hate putting my phone in an actual 'case' like that leather one, I like it to be easily accessible :yes: Did you manage to keep the screen protector without bubbles under it? I've never gotten the hang of putting them on without bubbles!

4. catrancher

To each their own. I really like the holster type case. :yes:

I've never had a problem with the Power Support films. Had them on my original iPhone, my iPad and now my iPhone 4. They're fairly thick so are pretty easy to just "roll" onto the surface of the phone. If you get any bubbles, you can just unroll it a bit and squeegee them out. I've got a couple of tiny bubbles around the edges that have developed over time but nothing really noticeable.

Tom :)macwave:... film put-er on-er!)

5. josh.p.

I think putting a film onto the phone might help the problem with the bubbles from the case :yes: I'm going to have a look at some screen protectors now. Thanks Tom!

6. catrancher

Actually, the Apple bumper helps keep the film from forming bubbles. It wraps around the front and back and onto the glass surface of the iPhone 4 just a tiny bit and helps keep the screen protector film from forming bubbles.

At least that's the way it seems to work on mine.

Tom :)macwave:... without bubbles!)

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I get the nice man in the apple store to put my film on! Just can't do it.

I havent found any nice cases for my iPhone yet, had a very cool Paul Frank one for my 3G but haven't seen any here yet. I won't buy off eBay as they're from hong kong and the rubber smells awful. So at the moment I have a very boring free case on mine

8. josh.p.

I might just ask the people at the apple store to put it on for me actually, not paying £25 for a bumper though!

Brit, when I was in hong kong you could pick up an iphone case for 1 dollar which is like 10p or something daft! You can notice the same ones that you see on eBay!

9. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Ive bought a couple on eBay and they stank and I ended up throwing them away. Will prob wait and see what I can get in the US next year

10. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Just to add, the power support films are WAAAY different and better than the others you've probably tried. I've had them for each iphone I've had, I've even had to import them from the states when they didn't have any resellers over here.

They're the easiest to put on because they stay semi rigid, if a few bubbles remain, they're easily dispensed with.

They don't affect the feel of the screen nor the brightness/contrast either.

Well worth the money and like Tom, I get one for every iphone, ipad etc. that I own

11. josh.p.

I remember when I bought your original iPhone it had the Power Support one on and it was a lot better. It didn't peel very easily unless you really tried and it stayed quite stiff, it was very high quality. I'm going to have a look in the apple store tomorrow as I have a feeling that a film will stop my case bubbling :yes:

12. josh.p.

I got the power support one from the apple store and it's really great :yes: It also solved the problem of the bubbles occurring with the gear4 case so now I've got the screen protector and a case with screen protection built in. Should keep it in tip-top condition.