1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

iphone 4 or wait for 5?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by luvthemansion, Feb 4, 2011.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

I'm almost due an upgrade on o2 silver and I could probably stretch to an iphone 4 but I heard that the 5 is coming soon so perhaps its better to wait? Any ideas what will be in the new one??

2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

There are rumours it'll be out sooner than usual. The product cycle is usually a 1-year cycle ending in June/July however because of the whole 'antannaegate' thing that happened. (Which I'm still yet to experience to be honest) apparently they are releasing an 'iPhone 5' soon. I'd be shocked if it actually happened given that Steve Jobs is on sick leave however it may have been nearing the stages of completion before he even went off sick. :shrug: It's a tough one to call but you can almost guarantee it'll be here by June/July.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I just don't know :/ for me, the 3gs was pretty spot on and the 4 was a minimal upgrade to be honest. I like it, it's everything I need, and I'm struggling to imagine spending more money on a 5 (but Apple always manage to make it seem worth it when it arrives :lol: )

However, it's always good to get the latest model if you're due to buy one anyway so I think the advice would have to be to wait right now because it's SO close to when the 5 is expected.

4. josh.p.

Really?! I always thought the 3gs was a very minimal upgrade and the 4 was spot on.

5. keith

goes to show you how different people are doesn't it :lol: I've asked around the office and everyone agrees with you. They all love their 4

For me, the 2g was brilliant I Couldnt believe how great a phone could be :lol: then the 3g came out and it was starting to annoy me with speed and battery life. Enter the 3gs! everything the 3g had but much faster and yayayay.

Then the 4 came out and the shape is nicer, screen wasnt as much as an upgrade as I thought it would be and tbh I didnt really think I got THAT much out of it.

Anyway, everyone else in the office loves theirs so I'm on my own I guess :lol:

6. josh.p.

The difference is probably that I've never experienced the 3g :shrug: I never got used to it before people around my got the 3gs and I still didn't think it was worthy as an upgrade :shrug: The iPhone 4 came out and it just seemed to fill all the gaps that the old iPhones had! The shape (I hated the shape of the 3g), the screen, the cameras etc etc :yes:

7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Yeah I agree with Josh on this the 4 felt like a huge upgrade but then I was upgrading from a 3G. The video is brilliant and I use it often and the boys just love face time :yes:

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Chris,

Not to change the subject but for video on the iPhone 4, have you seen the 8mm Vintage Camera app?

I just bought it the other day and it's simply brilliant! Makes your movies look like old time 8mm movies that were all the rage back in the 40's and 50's. Course, I remember those better since I'm just a wee bit older than you so it might not be as much to your liking. But it's still a lot of fun! :director:

Tom :)macwave:... dating himself!)

9. Skywatcher

Cool and I can get the boy to do some dramatic evil music on the piano whilst I tie Lisa to the train tracks :evil:

10. keith

11. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Oh... I can see it now! :ROFL:

[​IMG]

Tom :)macwave:... where's Dudley Doright when you need him?)

12. Skywatcher

Oh my! Very kind of you to say, and Lisa certainly has the legs for it but Snidely has got far too much hair in that photo, and the great British train service makes the train very unlikley as well

13. keith

:rotfl:

14. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

im due an upgrade next month so cant wait for the 5 in june/july so im really toying with spending another 14pm to get the 4

on 3 you get a iphone 4
    2000mins
    5000 texts
    5000 3 to 3 call time mins
    all you can eat data

all for £35pm

at the mo i get
    600mins
    4000 text
    msn
    skype for £21

i just dont know if its worth the extra :unsure:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  15. Skywatcher

Mick you know I am an apple nut but it all came about because I fell in love with the iPhone - I use it all the time for so many different things.

As a phone, for texting, surf the web, twitter, emails, a sat nav ( walking around london), geocaching, as a spirit level, as a torch ( been really good for that at times), a video camera, youtube, watching live telly, planning an evening star gazing,playing puzzle games, and even at work the medical apps are very useful, facetime works brilliantly as well etc etc etc - it has been a revelation to me and as a direct consequence I got the macbook the imac and the ipads

16. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

sounds reason enough to get one chris, lauren loves hers she uses a lot of recipe apps too. facetime sounds really cool and ive seen the HD video at work and the camera too both awesome quality. i do use my touch more than i thought i would, wish id waited for the new 4th gen version tbh but still a great piece of kit. i still want a macbook if i can find one for the right price but cant afford a new one i want a big screen tv first lol

thx for the info tho chris appreciate it :)

17. josh.p.

My Dad is as bad a Chris for apple stuff after getting the iPhone! 3 years spent trying to persuade him, but what must have been 3 weeks using an iPhone meant he was hooked!