1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

iPhone and ringtones.

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Claire, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Please bear with me as I'm not too hot when it comes to technology. I am right in saying we here in the UK can't buy, download or convert an existing song from itunes to a ringtone on our iPhone? I was told it was available in the US only. Is that correct? If so then I'm :argue:

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

That may be the "official" word but it's not the only way to go about it. Depending on what kind of computer you're using. On my Mac, I've got a copy of "Fission" from Rouge Amoeba. With that, I can take any song or sound, trim it down to around 30 seconds (that's about the iPhone ringtone length limit), and save it as an iPhone ring tone. This is basically the only method I use. I don't even waste time with trying to create ringtones in iTunes. That particular process is entirely too crippled. I'm sure there's pc software that will allow you to do the same.

Tom :)macwave:... hope this helps)