1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

iPhone problem

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Britchick, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

My contract has ended and Im trying to change over my provider to giffgaff, it all became active, transferred number last week. However the phone says no service, can't connect to iTunes so I thought that the phone was locked to Vodafone. My original phone was bought from Vodafone but the apple store swapped my phone for me when the screen cracked so I thought this one would be unlocked. Anyway I have contacted Vodafone who say that their computer says that it's not giving them an option to unlock the phone therefore it isn't locked. I've reset the phone to factory settings and still the same problem. Does anyone know where I go from here? :unsure:

2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I would do a back up, and restore via iTunes. It sounds to me as though the phone hasn't activated properly through iTunes and/or GiffGaff. Do you have to register your number with giffgaff?

If not, I think a trip to the genius bar might be in order.

3. disney-fan

disney-fan Imagineer

Phones in the states are dedicated to the network that sold you the phone. Change networks you need to get a

phone form that carrier unless the phone is jail broken however apple will not touch a jail broken phone.

This is how i understand the system works.

Mike

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, it took me two days to sort it out. Vodafone told me it was unlocked, apple told me it was locked, Vodafone told me it was unlocked, apple told me it was locked, I threatened Vodafone with watchdog....they told me it was locked and unlocked it. What a flipping nightmare, ended up without a phone for 10 days :sorry: