1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Ireland Day 12 21/8

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mumof2, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

(This is in 2 parts so bear with me....!)

Jamies 14th birthday!

We'd sneaked some pressies and cards over with us so after opening those he had a birthday bacon sarnie and then we walked into the village for coffee and cakes at the farm shop. This is owned by a cousins son and his wife, but I don't actually know them!

Between us we had cappucinos, latte,hot chocolate and coca cola as well as scones with jam and cream, choc mousse cake on a biscuit base, apple crumble and cream, and choc fudge cake and ice cream ......scrumptious!

Looked around the farm shop which had scrummy looking but very expensive foods, DS9 bought some sweeties then we wandered back to the house, and Ann and I studied the flowers on the back!

After finishing the packing we were just pottering around (again) when DS9 came rushing into the house calling for me to come out and have a look at what's coming along the road........it was a lady (who lived much further along the road) on her pony - she waved as she went past and then turned around and came back so the boys could have a closer look at the pony.

We chatted a while and she offered them a pony ride! Wow - how nice of her was that?! DS14 declined and DS9 jumped up and she took him up the road a bit and back again.......wicked!

Attached Files:

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

Later we all got ourselves ready to go out dinner - we were taking Bill and Ann out to say thank you and, of course, to celebrate DS14 birthday.
    Bill had to go to Dublin that day and wasn't able to make it back in time unfortunately.

We had a delicious meal then wandered around the old windmill - the evening sun shone, and the boys played hide and seek. It was very pleasant and a lovely end to our holiday......

Back at the house Bill had arrived home a little before us and we had birthday cake and a cuppa before giving them our thank you present and card then watched a bit of TV before settling down for the night.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008