1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Ireland Day 13 22/08

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mumof2, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

:( we were up very early - said our goodbyes and were at the harbour by 7 ish. The weather was good so luckily the fast ferry was sailing, once boarded we knew we'd be in Wales in a little over 2 hours. Phew!

We found our way to the first class lounge and were almost the first there! We decided where we'd sit and helped ourselves to the complimentary juices and coffee, we could have ordered breakfast from the waiter service but our stomachs weren't up to it at that time of the morning!

Once we started sailing I decided to stay in my seat and gathered a few sick bags together just in case - DH and the boys went to the shop to spend the vouchers we'd been given as compensation for our outgoing ferry being cancelled. There was NO WAY i was going to try and do shopping.....it was a little bumpy and my tummy wouldn't stand for any of that nonsense if I'd tried!

It was a pleasant enough journey - way better than the one on the way out - as we approached Wales the lads told me go stand out on deck in the fresh air which I did and felt much better.

We stopped at a service area somewhere in England for food on the way home and made pretty good time - until we hit Portsmouth (an hour to an hour & a half from home) where there'd been an accident (i assume) and the traffic came to a standstill. When we could stand it no longer DH turned off the motorway and took the back streets which brought us out further along the motorway, almost at the front of the jam. After a much shorter wait we were off again and on our way.

We arrived home to find the plasterer had left plaster dust EVERYWHERE, and i mean everywere - i hit the roof and we spent the best part of 2 hours clearing up before we could unpack :mad:

Here are some pictures of Rosslare Harbour.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. mumof2

Leaving Ireland....

Attached Files:

3. mumof2

arriving in and driving in Wales.....

Attached Files:

4. mumof2

Leaving Wales and entering England.....

Attached Files:

5. mumof2

........and that is the end of my trip reports ~ thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed the photos!