1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is Animal Kingdom lodge really really far out?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disaholic, Oct 19, 2008.

1. disaholic

disaholic Earning my ears

we'd love to stay there but are a bit worried about it taking ages on the bus to get anywhere?

Also we've read reports that the bus service is one of the worst :eek: ?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I think that each resort is far from thing, but then usually really close to something else. I really like the bus system at WDW and have always relied on it. I think I took the AK park bus to AKL and it took like 5 minutes.

3. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

As foreverducky says every hotel is a way out from somewhere and Animal Kingdom Lodge is no worse than any other. We only used the bus once when we were there this year and although we saw plenty of buses for the other parks we had to wait about 25 minutes for a Magic Kingdom bus. Once we were on the bus we were still there within about 15 minutes, the advantage being that AKL doesn't share its buses with any other resort.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm never sure why people think AK is "far out." :unsure: Far out from what? WDW is a huge place, so things are going to be distanced from one another, but not by hours worth of travel, eh?

The bus system there is very good, and as stated it is unshared by any other resort so that makes it one of the better ones. :yes:

It's a beautiful resort, so don't let location be an issue.

5. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I agree, no matter where you stay there are some things close and somethings further out. I never use WDW busses so can't comment but I know driving times in the car wouldn't dissuade me from staying anywhere in particular. From POR, Epcot was the closest and MK or AK were the furthest but there weas only 5-10 minutes in it - not enought to make much difference.

I feel the fact that AKL is not in the 'hustle and bustle' helps with the theming of the place, it wouldn't work set alongside the Epcot resorts for example. :)