1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is Busch Gardens enough for a whole day??

Discussion in 'Busch Gardens' started by wishonastar, Jul 16, 2011.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

We'd either drive or get the shuttle I guess but is there enough there to keep us occupied for the whole day? or is it just another animal kingdom?

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

More than enough for 1 day, I would take 2 to do it properly

Sandra

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We always do 2 days at Busch. It's just about our fave park alongside Magic Kingdom.

4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

1 day is good - 2 is better!

5. susanm

susanm Imagineer

it has been a long time...many years...but i was staying with 2 nieces at a Downtown Disney resort and they had a shuttle trip to Busch Gardens... i wasnt happy...was quite expensive, the bus stopped at several hotels for pick ups on the way..left our hotel (1st stop) around 7am and didnt get there until almost 11am...(not a long drive just a lot of stops) so by the time we got from the bus, got our tickets and got into the park it was 11am the kids did 1 or 2 rides then were ready for lunch. by the time we ate, saw a few things it was 5pm and time to go back to the bus. not enough time for us. i suggest driving if you can.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I will be brave and be the lone dissenter in the group. :sorry: I am absolutely not a fan of BG. We saw more pathological behavior in animals there than we've seen anywhere in decades. Rocking elephants, pacing hyenas, tigers nearly drowning for their food, skinny rib showing tigers, over crowded 'gator pens. I was disgusted. So much so that I wrote to the authorities, and they replied (albeit quite some time later) that they had looked into things and "changes were being made." I didn't go back to see.

There are a number of "rides" there, and some places to eat. I don't remember what we ate... :unsure:

So, if you miss it, I would say that's a good thing. But I am in a small minority. Most people enjoy their time there fully.

Do drive though. And hope you don't get caught in an I4 accident. You can be parked on I4 for hours in that case.

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You aren't alone Tink, we don't like Busch either. We have been twice and thought maybe after the first time we should give it another shot.

We aren't people that ride coasters so we didn't bother with them, we did a couple of the behind the scenes tours which were ok, they got you up close with the animals, but I actually got upset when I saw the elephants for the same reason Tink said :( we made our way back to the car after that. Needless to say we won't be wasting our money again on Busch.

We drove, left early and then was back some time in the afternoon.

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I like Busch Gardens but, having said that, there are SOOOO many roller coasters and Donna doesn't do them so it is mostly a waste of time for us to go just to have her stand around while I am riding.

9. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

It really does take two days to do it all. We have been three times, each time by shuttle. Every time we have found we can't fit into the day everything we want to, especially given the time limitations of when we get there and leave.

Mags

10. Tishypops

Tishypops Addicted to Mickey

Again I am not a big fan of BG but I don't know why, I know that is a strange thing to say but I just cant put my finger on it.
    It just has a strange atmosphere around the place, I guess because it is SO spread out there just never seems to be many people there. Yes that would usually be a good thing but tbh it just left me feeling odd here.
    Now I am a coaster junkie and I rode all of them here, they are definitely a couple of good ones but I would not do it again. We had actually planned to do it a second time on our last trip once the kids had gone home with my parents (we had a 3 week trip for our wedding but my parents took the kids home after 2 so we couple have a weeks honeymoon) because we were going to do some of the evening safaris, needless to say we didn't bother.

11. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Never been, to be truthful.

We went to Sea World in 2001 and again in 2006 and we as a family were not happy with the way the animals were treated and refused to go to another Anheuser-Busch park.

I know since then they have been sold etc so perhaps we should look at trying Busch gardens.

12. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Busch isn't very nice, the animals don't look happy at all and the poor elephants, were in such distress. I would never go again.

To be honest, we went to SeaWorld last year but we won't go this year even though we have Annual Passes, I think it's all about making money there.

13. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I might start one of my famous moans about sea world ;)

Seriously though, I'm a big softie when it comes to animals and hate to see suffering of any kind.

This is coming from a bloke who complained to pets at home over a guinea pig ;)

Also we're not coaster junkies, I will ride them (except hulk and kraken!) I just prefer the theming and stories behind rides rather than just having a coaster for the sake of it.