1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is "Characters in Flight" back in operation?

Discussion in 'General' started by Beccaberry, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Was just curious if the hot air balloon was back in operation? Also, for anyone who's been aboard, how are the photo ops?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think it is. We noticed up in the air when we were last down there (a couple of weekends ago 3/8,9). We've been on it and if it's a very clear day there are some very nice photo opportunities. :yes:
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I dunno if it`s back in operation but to answer your other query, there are loads of photo ops when you are airborne.
    The balloon does not operate in bad weather so you should get a clear view of the surroundings at all times. You are allowed to walk all around the platform to take as many photos as you like and the pilot will point out the various views if you are uncertain of your bearings.
    My DW and I were very lucky when we took the ride as there were no other passengers with us so we had a longer trip than normal and had quite a conversation with the pilot at the time.
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Yes, it's definitely back in operation, it's also got a brand new design on the balloon.