1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Boma any good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Cinderella94, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

Tell me about Boma please? I keep hearing great reviews but as always the one bad one has me worried. are all the foods really woody/spicy?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hello Cindrella94! As with any subjective report, the responses will vary from person to person. When there is a pattern of response, then you can consider that there might be a universally recognized "issue."

Now, on to Boma. It has changed over the years, to be true. Generally it is a well appointed buffet with many selections, some of which change with the day of the week. There is a rotational menu for things like meats, and soups for instance.

There are many dishes that have spices such as cumin, cinnamon, allspice, ect. Combinations of same... oh, and curry. Not all dishes have the same spices, so there is a variety for that too.

It's well worth at least one visit for dinner! :yes:

Hope you get a chance to try it for yourself.

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I don't like very spicy food but I love Boma - the chefs behind the separate serving areas are very good at explaining what the food is - I told one my likes and dislikes and he recommended things for me to try, they encourage you to try small amounts of different things and then go back for more of what you liked. The salads are lovely and the dessert bar is fab!

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm a very picky eater and unfortunately did not care for Boma. That being said, I would give any restaurant at WDW a try. :)

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Admittedly we have not eaten at Boma in a while now, but each time we have, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Oh noooooooooo! I KNEW I'd forgotten to do something while there. :(

7. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

Boma has the best breakfast for my crew. My little first mate is the pickiest eater and he does real well.