1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is Disney hollywood studios worth a full day?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Cinderella94, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

Is there enough for us to do at hollywood studios for the full day do you think? Could you give me a sense of whats there?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

When it first opened, absolutely not. Now, however, depending on the season and how much you want to do it could be an entire day. During the Christmas Season, the Osbourne Lights are a MUST do and you can only see them effectively at night. There is also Fantasmic, again only at night. Plus there are lots of other attractions that can take some time to do.
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I think so yes, but only just!
    Theres the backlot tour which is interesting, a few rides, a few shows (beauty and the beast, indiana jones, car stunt show). Theres quite a bit to see at DHS, its a good park! :yes:
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If its your first visit then I think it will keep you busy for the day. As John said at certain times of the year there are other things on to see and Fantasmic is a must :yes:
  5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

yes i think there is enough there too.

RnR
    Tower of Terror
    lights motors action
    indiana jones
    fantasmic
    walt disney: one mans dream
    the great movie ride
    muppet vision 3d
    star tours
    backlot tour
    the magic of disney animation
    toy story mania
    voyage of the little mermaid.......and more
  6. chief

chief Earning my ears

we went last year and as it was not really one of my favourites to go and see, i was looking forward to MK and AK but i really enjoyed it:yes: i enjoyed it more than AK but not as much as MK.
    we had lunch at the sci fi diner so that broke up the day [we pre booked it] we enjoyed the stunt shows, so yes i think a full day worth a full day especially with children.
  7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

I remember being there in June 1989 about 6 weeks after it first opened. We waited in line for The Great Movie Ride for about 2 hours. The Backlot Tour was just about as long of a wait. Back then the Backlot Tour actually took some time to get through and you actually would break for lunch before you went on the walking portion.
  8. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Yes I think it is more than one day. But what is one day to you? To me a day is 10 tourng hours. Do you want to be in one park for ten hours? I always recommend a hopper pass. I break all the parks in an AM segment, midday segment and a PM segment.

AM segment is opening a park and usually incluse the Early Morning option. Midday option starts abot 1- 2 and includes any events such as parades that only run mid to late afternoon. Then the evenng includes evening magic hours and parades or fireworks. So I like to mix or match my day to get the most from my vacation each day and guarantee I see everything that is offered.

here is a link from our site. http://mickeystravel.com/Intinerary Planning.htm
    First off there is nothing right or wrong as each family is different. But this philosiphy works for most.
  9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

yes and no...

I think it depends on who's going and what you like to do

If you like thrill rides you cant miss rock and roller coaster and tower of terror
    If you like shows the Beauty and the Beast show and Indiana Jones
    If you have kids with you.. the muppets 3d, toy story mania and honey I shrunk the kids playground

so, it really depends on who's going and what you like to do
  10. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

If you're me, all of the above! :ROFL:

Yep. I definitely think Hollywood Studios is worth a full day. :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... including meals...)
  11. KarleeInWonderland

KarleeInWonderland Earning my ears

Yes. But the thing is, it's more of a park for movie-lovers. The Great Movie Ride is a must do (but I think they should add something from Gone With The Wind). But please, never EVER eat at the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. The atmosphere was amazing, the food was awful. It made my brother sick. Cold hot-dogs and such. Blegh.
  12. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

:yes:

Normally I spend 3/4 day at the park or half day twice or three times during two weeks. As we both love Aerosmith and Tower of Terror so much!!!!!

We also quite like to go to the writer cafe and watch cheeky birds trying to come in and have fun!