1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is Disney Quietly Raising Room rates?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Wendy, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

In what is a promising sign for the health of Orlando's tourism industry — though maybe not so great a thing for tourists planning trips — hotel rates at Walt Disney World continue to trend up.

A survey of prices last weekend at the giant resort's company hotels found prices were up from a year ago in every category of room.

"Prices are higher year-over-year and we think, combined with fewer promotions, will be a big contributor to Walt Disney Co.'s parks results in fiscal 2012," analysts for UBS Investment Research, which conducted the survey, wrote in a note to investors.

Out of eight hotels categorized as "deluxe," all eight had rooms available over the weekend, compared with seven on the same weekend last year. But the 12-week average of room prices was up 6 percent from 2011.

Availability was the same as a year ago in Disney's moderately priced hotels, but rates were up 4 percent. There was slightly more availability this year in "value"-priced hotels, where rates were up 5 percent.

Have you noticed any increase in the prices you paid last year?

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Well when comparing with travel agents I would say 6% was about right, I guess they could say they are making improvements though, free wifi and fridges in all resort rooms.

3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Oh yes rates are higher

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Can't comment on room rates but an acquaintance of mine just told me that he's paying $400 for the same rental car he paid $130 for last year. (Same time frame too).

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Wow, that's a huge increase!