1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is eating in the castle really good?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Jul 27, 2012.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

I remember many years ago LOL when eating in the castle was the number 1 reservation to get

since then it's got more expensive and I dont see somany people trying to get into it

Is it still great and worth the money?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We took our DGDs to the castle in both 2001 and 2004. It was considerably cheaper then. Both times it was for breakfast. Donna and I have done Dinner there but I seriously doubt we would do it again.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

same here really :/ we could never get reservations but we were at the town hall one day and a lady noticed a birthday badge and asked if there's anything we'd want to try at magic kingdom. We said well we've always wanted to eat in the castle. She phoned them and asked if they could work some magic and voila, we had reservations!

Unfortunately, the experience didn't really live up to the hype. The food was "ok" but nothing sensational and once in there it could've been anywhere really.

I truly understand the wish to be in the castle, and it's great for those who want to meet the princesses, but as an overall experience I've always thought it's wayyyy overrated.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've done the breakfast once, but I wouldn't do it again. If you have little girls who love the princesses then it's possibly worth the expense for the experience.

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Definitely not worth it for the food I don't think but I liked eating in there and meeting so many princesses at once. We've only done breakfast before but will be trying dinner this time

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Well, I have to disagree. We had dinner thete for the first time last April and apart from having a great time, we had a wonderful meal!!!!

The food was fresh and really well cooked, the desserts were superb and our server was super nice.

We will most definitely go back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We had dinner there last Sept and had an absolutely wonderful meal and time. It was 2 adults and we were seated by the window and saw Wishes right above us. The princesses were very attentive. It was awesome. The food was good too. That was an added bonus.

I've been for breakfast a couple of times and it was ok. We never received the attention like we did at dinner.

8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Fingers crossed for my dinner then :thumbsup: