1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is harry potter land really worth the money?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by mmouse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mmouse

mmouse Earning my ears

Sorry about so many questions by the way :surrender:

Is the harry potter place at universal really worth the money? we would have to get a taxi both ways from Disney, then the tickets look expensive and ours are too little to enjoy what I think is at islands of adventure so it really would be just for harry potter

2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Harry Potter is fantastic for the effects but if your children are small then I would wait until you go again in the future.

I also think it helps if you ahve read the books or watched the films as it makes more sense. It may also be a bit scarey for them as well.

It's not going anywhere so just stick to Disney and then you can do Universal and IOA next time

Sandra

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

I agree just wait until you go back as the queue at Harry Potter can be quite bad at times especially shops!

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

If you think the kids are too young to enjoy the other things, I'd wait till they were a bit older.

5. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

It's not a separate admission. Just another "area" on the park map. The kids would love seeing all the Harry Potter stuff. Diagon Alley is well duplicated and Hogwarts is very impressive as it looms over the park like Cinderella's castle does at MK.

Universal is every bit as expensive per day as Disney and also has a hopper add-on.

We did both parks in a day but my kids were not with us. Still we did the key attractions at both Universal parks and got back down to Downtown Disney in time for our Cap'n Jacks 7:15 dinner reservation :)