1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

is harry potter park worth it?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by mkjon, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mkjon

mkjon Earning my ears

Has anyone been??

I dont want to go there and find it's a total waste of money as we dont do anything else at all in universal, we dont really like the rides so it would be just harry potter

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We've not been as it's been mobbed for the first few months, but we've heard that the attendance has leveled off.

I know friends who have been and they really liked it a lot. Not sure if I'd bother, as like yourself we don't do much at Universal. :shrug:

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi, I was there last week, I was impressed with the settings but it was impossible to get into any of the shops as it was so full and there is queue everywhere.

The Forbidden Journey ride was quite impressive and it is very clever use of simulation and technology me think.

However, if you are planning just to visit Harry Potter alone not the Universal, it is not worth the costs involved.

4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I thought the ride was very clever, especially if you've read the books/seen the movies (don't want to give anything away though)

Didn't go into a single shop as it was very busy ( but it was August when we visited)

Kyle loved the Butterbeer but I thought it was sickly..

Sandra

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I would love to go, maybe in a few years time when I have actually read at least the first book to the girls :)

6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Ive only just watched the first film, and ive only watched that because we are going in november and if i dont know what its supposed to look like then i wont appreciate it!

7. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Try to watch a film or two as there are references to certain characters during the queueing process and also the ride

Sandra

8. Sacandjac

Sacandjac Earning my ears

We went today. Were able to get in an hour early with Harry potter package. We had ridden forbidden journey, did the wand shop, rode dragon challenge and visited all the shops, ate breakfast all by ten am. Crowds great! Did get heavier as the day went. We did return about 1:00 to get chocolate frogs. Store crowded. Did single rider for forbidden journey and it took about 10-15 minutes-standing in line and riding. Stand-by posted as 40 minutes. Cool ride and area and glad I did it but don't think I will be back anytime soon! Think everyone should at least visit once to decide themselves!

9. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'd like to try it but it would be for the atmosphere and shops rather than the rides so I'm not sure it's going to be worth it :/

10. Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady Harambe!

Read the books! Much better than the films:yes: