1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is harry potter world worth the money?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by mickey10, Apr 15, 2011.

1. mickey10

mickey10 Earning my ears

Has anyone been to harry potter world at universal because Im wondering if its worth all the money really.

I would like to experience it but I dont think I'd wait to do the rides so how much is there really
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

It's no extra money it's part of the ticket price already and yes, it is worth it (imho) it's very clever and the themeing is great

Sandra
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I definitely want to see the Harry world. If I had been younger when the books had first come out, I would have been a Harry Potter freak! But since I was an adult I have kept the freak part down to a minimum. :lol:
  4. mamabear7498

mamabear7498 Earning my ears

If you go you need to understand that the place is small!! It can be a bit crowded in busy times which makes the wait time long. Go first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon if you are going at peak crowd times. No matter when you go though it is quite busy so be ready to wait a bit. (I work at both Disney and Universal)
  5. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Im not a HP fan but did enjoy the experience. We booked a night at the RPR and were able to get in earlier. I thought that alone was worth the money, not to get caught up in the crowds that descend on the parks at normal opening time.

Mags
  6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Just to make sure you know, its at Islands of Adventure not Universal - just wanted to point it out so you dont go to Universal expecting to see it there!
    Its not that big really, its great to see (and slightly odd too with the snow when its so sunny and warm around you!)
    Im not a big HP fan so if i wasnt planning on going to IoA anyway then i doubt id make a special effort to go there
  7. chief

chief Earning my ears

it wasnt open when we went last year so i cant wait to go and see it next year its on the top of my list! i love HP although i definately like the books better
  8. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

I know there was another Harry Potter-related thread a while back and I posted a few pictures from our recent visit to that park.

If you are interested, click this link: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventures. Then, click the right and left arrows to browse the rest of the images from the 2 Universal parks.

The Hogwarts building really does tower over that area, just like Cinderella's Castle at WDW.

Jamie
  9. scottnj1966

scottnj1966 Earning my ears

It's not a seperate park, and it is not a big place.
    They dont have much room to expand Universal or IOA so they re-imagined area's they already had built.

They could have done so much more. Maybe somehow they can expand later.