1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is it all about Disney for you?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Isafari, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I've read many times in the past that people don't do the Universal parks. They stick to Disney.

I've read statements such as "I don't do rides so I don't do Universal"

Well, I can only do the mild rides but I absolutely love Universal Studios. I love Beetlejuice, Blues Brothers, Horror make-up show etc and, a lot of the attractions are either mild or 3D.

Even though I only go on two rides at Islands Of Adventue, I still enjoy a day there. I love walking through the themed lands and there are loads of fun photo opportunities....plus Cinnabon :D :lol:

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

I don't do rides but have been to Orlando a few times and not even been on Disney property just done universal all so been and just done Disney only we tend to think what has had the most changes since the previous visit but there are also places I like to visit like celebration and omni resort which are must do's each trip :)

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Not at all, we only visit a couple of disney parks when we go - we get the flexticket so its mostly about US, IOA, WnW, SW, BG and Aquatica for us! As much as we love Disney we always find theres much more for everyone at the other parks as we usually go in a group

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmmmm I'd say MAINLY Disney for us, we stay on site etc but we love the malls and so on as well.

We don't tend to do universal as we don't like rides as such but perhaps there are lots of shows and things we're missing out on ? I guess we'll try and get there in December for Harry Potter :yes:

We don't hire a car though so it's more difficult for us to get away from the disney area

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Pop over to our video section when you get a spare moment and check out Beetlejuice/Blues Brothers/Animal Actors etc - also highlights of the Horror Make-Up show etc in the 'highlights' videos.

Oh - it's also so close for your trip to BMG :eek: :lol:

6. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have always loved theme parks, so that's my underlying love. That being said, WDW just does it for me. I get a feeling there that I don't anywhere else. Sure I love Sea World (never been to the one FL though), Universal, IOA, and even the smaller ones throughout the country.

I remember going to Kings Dominion as a child, some of my best memories.

But like I said, there's something about WDW that warms my heart and trust me, there's a lot of ice there. :D

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I guess we're strange. We typically only stay on and in WDW.

We took a day and went to Universal one time while we were down there. It was OK but didn't impress us as much as Disney does. The story lines associated with the attractions just didn't seem that engaging. Oh sure, we understood the premise around the attractions, but there didn't seem to be any build up. It was like the attraction was just tacked onto the story. Everything seemed kind of shallow. Granted, that was many years ago and it may have changed since then.

So, when we do our trips to Disney, we stick to Disney. For us, it's the best and leaves everything else behind.

Tom :)macwave:... predictable... n'est-ce pas?)

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Although Donna and I both keep saying that we must do Universal one day, we have ever only done Disney.

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have my just Disney trips and then we have others where we go to Universal/IOA, Sea World, etc. I have yet to make it to Busch Gardens in Tampa though :-(

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

For us it is.. at least for the time being...

We never go for more than a week, we dont like to rush so we take our time at the parks, and with Tatiana there wasnt a lot she could do at Universal

I do want to go to the Harry Potter area :)

oh! and both Toño and I love rollercoasters... but since Tatiana wouldnt be able to ride, and now Natalia wouldnt either, it just seems too much of a hassle to have to rent a car, carseats, figure out how to get to Universal, and spend a day in a place where they wont be able to ride as many rides as in Disney

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

yeap!! this too!

there's just something in the air... maybe they do put something in the air at Disney... mmmm.... :unsure:

12. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

It's not so much about the parks for us, we just love Florida. I really like the Disney Waterparks and prefer to do them rather than the theme parks.

This year we did Universal and IoA because we had the Flexticket because of Harry Potter, but next year we won't do any parks at all...

We'll have a few days at a beach, possibly Fort de Soto and then rest of time relaxing at the villa but we like to do days out.

We visit Celebration often just for a sit by the lake with a Kilwins - just love Celebration

Sandra