1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is it worth doing disney online resort checkin?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Mar 31, 2011.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Just thinking if its going to be worth trying to do disney's online resort check in or not. They make it sound like there's a separate faster queue but Im reading thats not always the case. Is it worth the trouble?
  2. buzz2001

buzz2001 Imagineer

It is a separate line but it too can get crowded. If it is, you can go to any CM to check-ion because all they do is give you a packet since you already checked-in on-line. The only thing you miss is the CM interaction and if you do not like you room location, its harder to change because you check-in is already complete.
  3. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

We always do it and it has saved us some time. The line has never been too bad. So far it has been a fair time-saver for us. If you check in at "non-traditional" times when the check in lines are thin, it might not really save you much time over standing in any line there may be.
  4. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Not sure when everyone else has been checking in but...

I ONLY DO ONLINE CHECK IN. I've always been the only one in line. You can check in online up to 10 days before your visit. In the online check in process you can set preferences such as "ground floor" or "close to transportation".

At the resort, it's a seperate queue and you get served priority over the regular check-in guests. They will have your folder of info and room keys ready to go. The whole process takes roughly less than 5 minutes.

If you're checking in before "normal" check-in time (I usually check-in around 8:30am), they will text or call you with your room number if the room is not easy.

I recommend trying online check-in at least once! :yes:
  5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Anyone know if they'll text an international number?