1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is it worth making a plan

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by piratemum, Jul 8, 2011.

1. piratemum

piratemum Earning my ears

Last time we went, we just went where we wanted and when, but I think we missed a lot by not having some sort of plan or schedule.

Would you recommend making some sort of plan, would we be able to see more. We are going for 2 weeks.

Thanks
  2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I think it is always worth making a list before you go with all the things you want to do. it is a surprise how quick the holiday goes
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

About the only planning we ever do is for ADRs. However, having said that, if you feel you missed a lot it certainly would not hurt to make a list of those things you really want to get accomplished and prioritize it.
  4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we have never ever made a plan and just wing it. we know where we want to go which is all the parks. we just amble round and do whatever is at each park, we never rush but we seem to get a lot in even then :)
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Given all the times we've gone to WDW, you'd think I wouldn't find value in a plan, but I do.

Our visits are always better and more enjoyable when we have at least a rudimentary idea of what it is we are going to do. We keep loads of room for changes and spontaneity, but do have at least a rough plan. Sometimes, it's a specific plan.

Even for short visits, we'll have a plan! "Let's go to the Flower and Garden Show today. We'll walk around the World Showcase, take the boy on Nemo and stop into the Cava for a margarita." That's a plan!

Especially, if there are other people involved. :yes: A plan saves all sorts of stress. "What do you want to do?" "I dunno. What do you want to do?" That sort of thing drives me bonkers.

ADRs are a bit of a plan assist in themselves. Where you are having a meal can guide your plan for that day, or at least that portion of the day. :yes:
  6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've done it both ways, I remember the first time we went, DH bought the Unofficial Guide to Disney Book and he made plans for every day. I wasn't that keen but we did get a lot done :lol:

Since then the plans have got less and less every year. We still make some decisions, as it can be a waste of a day if neither of us know what we want to do.
  7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I have to laugh Tink. I never really thought about it but yes we do simple plans like this ourselves. When the op asked if we had a plan I was thinking detailed plans. Thanks for bringing me to my senses. :worship: