1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is mannys chop house any good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by iluvdisney, Jul 5, 2009.

1. iluvdisney

iluvdisney Imagineer

we like our steak :) and heard mannys chop house is excellent but whereabouts is it and would it be worth the trip? would it be better than the yachtsmans steakhouse?

2. Karen

Karen Earning my ears

Cant compare with Yachtsmans but we went last year and loved it. Will definitely be returning this year :)

3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

On Highway 27 off the 192 as you go towards Haines I think.... sorry for poor memory... please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Its on the right hand side and you have to drive quite a loooooooong way down but it's worth it. Their home made salad bowl is delicious and their warm honeyed rolls... slurps.... but leave room for the rib eye steak....

4. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

ooo good to know someone's been! Is it expensive? :unsure:

5. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

omg has everyone been except me?

Whats it like inside crayola? is it posh?

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Ive always wanted to try this but since we don't drive, I'm thinking it'd be a long journey in a cab :/

7. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

No not posh at all... it's very *loud* in there visually.... lots of hub caps and reg plates on the wall, a juke box... extremely laid back, so go in your shorts and not expensive at all.

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We almost always have a car, so if we are ever at WDW together......

9. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

It is just below souther dunes and they have special nights like buy one get one free on Fajitas etc. Meant to be excellant and lots of it!
    Kim

10. malcolm

malcolm Villa Owner

Manny's Original Chophouse

Its a very basic restraunt but great food and always packed out, been many times but never got seated straight away and have had to wait from 15 -45 mins but knowing what i was going to be eating...sizzling steak tips ...it was worth it and always make sure i am not the driver for that night as happy hour 1800-1900 two for one drinks. The locals are always in there in force so its a good sign for food. They do have another Mannys further out and is a bit far to travel. Mannys wife runs the US27 one and Manny runs the other. I have had a drink with Manny himself (didnt know it was him at the time) and as i was a Brit he was just showing interest in what i thought on food and told him i have been severel times and it is a must every visit and he said "thank you for your custom its nice to know we are making you happy"...someone then said it was Manny.

11. Karen

Karen Earning my ears

THIS IS NOT A 'POSH' PLACE BUT HAS FIRST CLASS HUGE STEAKS THIS IS AN AMERICAN DINER FEEL TO IT WHICH IS FAB. WE WILL BE GOING BACK THERE THIS YEAR AS THE FOOD IS A1 THE SERVICE IS BRILL AND IT'S VERY REASONABLE.

IF YOUR ON THE H27 YOU HAVE TO PAY A VISIT BUT MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THEM A RING TO LET THEM KNOW YOUR COMING A SHORT WAIT AND YOUR SHOWN TO YOUR TABLE.

STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY:yes: AND THIS REALLY MAKES IT WORTH IT

TOP NOTCH AND ENJOY THE PLACE IS COOOOOOOOOOOOOL