1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Is mickeys christmas party worth doing?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Sep 27, 2013.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Is the mickeys very merry Christmas party worth doing? I read that the tickets were limited but people have said this Halloween the party nights are very packed

2. susanm

susanm Imagineer

i did the Christmas party several years ago. if you work it out right it can be. we arrived on a friday and scheduled the party for that night. you didnt need a park ticket for the party, just the special admission party ticket, which at the time was around $40. we were allowed into the park at 4pm (party started at 7pm) so we had time to do a few rides before the party started. several spots giving out hot chocolate & hot cider, and cookies any time you wanted to stop. all rides were open with special shows and a christmas parade (so the day we were in the MK we did rides during the parade - same one) although the park had a fair amount of people, it was definatly less crowded than during the day. at the time we got a wrist band, and to enter any shop, ride or show the CMs asked to see your bracelet so people who were in the park thru the day couldnt do anything anyway. I really liked it (was with another adult) and would like to do it with a kid to see how they like it. can be a long day since the party went until 1am (i think it was) and we were pretty tired before then (it was our travel to fla day). but it would be a good day to have a relaxing day at the resort etc then go to the park for the evening -- or the day you arrive...you save a day on your pass.....

keith likes this.
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I think I may be alone on my opinions of this party!
    I really don't think it's worth the ticket price (in my opinion) for a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie!
    All of the shows, parades, snowfall etc that you get at the party, we see on a regular December day/evening at Magic Kingdom.
    So, unless there is something I don't know about (which is possible) then I would never buy a ticket.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's a bit of a curious one. Having done both the halloween and christmas parties, I do think the edge is towards to the halloween one with the treat stations and lots of costumes.

Having said that, the Christmas party as a ticketed event can be less busy than a normal day during that period which makes queues less awful. The perimeter fireworks are awesome and sometimes there's a really nice feel to the park.

Is it *worth* it... well if you already have a park ticket spare then it's stretching "worth" a little to have to buy another ticket. If you dont have a ticket then this is a great way to get into the park, see some extras AND all for a decent enough price.

It's definitely less good than it used to be. Used to be a photo included, a great show in the tomorrowland theatre which is now a car park for CMs I think.

Still, we go every year and enjoy it

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

you can see the shows/parades in later December during normal park but not at the beginning when we tend to go so it depends when in december you go.

I went last year after not having been for 9 years, the difference was noticed, cut backs etc, the parade isn't as good as it once was but the fireworks and shows apart from the tomorrowland one were good. You don't get the badge or the family photo anymore which is a shame. I would schedule it for arrival day as stated above then you don't use a day on your tickets