1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

is ohanas at the polynesian any good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, May 6, 2011.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Any opinions on ohanas? Ive heard that its great but then seen other people saying not worth the money??

Can we see the fireworks from there?
  2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Our first night at Disney always starts there :yes: The food is good, the servers are wonderful, and they never ever rush you to hurry up and finish.

The only thing I don't like about it is that since they never rush you to finish, that also means that you usually end up sitting and having to wait till a table is available. For us it's never a problem, we get drinks from the bar and just sit around and chat till it's our turn. However, if you have little ones with, all the waiting does tend to make them get a bit cranky.
  3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there. The servers were friendly and efficient, the food was excellent and the entertainment was good fun.
    There is a view of the Castle from many of the tables, so if you timed it right the fireworks could be seen. On the night we went the fireworks were later so we stood outside after the meal and watched them. A lovely end to the evening.

We did have to wait 25mins for our table but the bar area is very pleasant.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`m not wanting to sound like a grumpy old man but I reckon that Ohana`s can be very noisy and busy, Definitely not the place to go for a quiet dinner. :lol:
  5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I understand there menu has changed recently
  6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We absolutely loved Ohanas. Loved the food - and the view of Wishes
  7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

:yeahthat:
  8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While I would go to Ohana if a group wanted to go, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat dinner there.
  9. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I have been once and I didnt like it at all. We were placed in a corner seat away from the action and then not even told about the kids' activities. Our server was poor and we were rushed like we have never been rushed before. At one stage all three courses were on the table. That is a constant complaint about Ohana's on many forums. It isnt somewhere I would return to again. I stick to Kona Cafe next door where we have always had great food and a great eating experience.

Mags
  10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Once upon a time, long, long ago 'Ohana was a lovely, fun place to eat (as was Kona Cafe).

Now? :thumbsdown: For both food and service at both places. Don't know what has happened, could be the advent and continuation of the confounded Dining program... Whatever it is, it has really detracted from all that was once nice about either place. :sorry:
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I still enjoy Kona Cafe for breakfast, but haven't been impressed enough with Ohana to ever go back for dinner since the one and only time I did it many years ago.