1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is saratoga springs good?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by goofygal, Mar 8, 2010.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

:wave: we've seen lots of photos but never been to it, it looks so huge and sprawling that we dont think there'll be much atmosphere there? Im hoping we're wrong because it looks like we could walk from there to downtown disney which would be great :yes:

has anyone stayed there?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, we've stayed there a couple of times. :yes:

It is big, and sprawling, rather like OKW but without the palpable laid back "Key West" atmosphere. I'd have to say there is no atmosphere there, if that makes sense? They try, but it's still not noticeable. I think some of that is due to the long drawn out construction.

At any rate, it's a lovely resort, clean and bright with a decent pool. They are adding a much needed second big pool, so that will help. The onsite food isn't so great, but it's not the greatest at OKW either. The walk to DTD is GREAT! You can actually come full circle now by walking over the bridge to the Tree House Villas and around.

You can also take a ferry. :yes:

I'd certainly stay there again. :yes: The Spa is quite nice, too.

3. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Hey Tink, do you have any current info about the spa at SSR? I am surprising DH with a trip there in May and I'd like to get him a massage. Any price infor would be appreciated!

4. Tink

No I don't have any info, I'm sorry! :sorry: There is a Mandala Spa at the Swan and or Dolphin now too. :yes: Those are the spas most often found on cruise ships.

5. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Yes, we've been to the Mandala spa at US Portofino Bay resort. It was lovely! :)

Since we are staying at SSR I thought I'd try out the spa there. Can't seem to find any info though. They really keep it under lock and key for some reason!

6. Tink

Hmmm, I wonder if that is because they change their prices often? I remember some time ago (as in years now) seeing a price list and thinking it wasn't too exhorbitant.

That was easily three years or so ago though. I wonder if you called them directly? :unsure: