1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is the DDP "dumbing down" the food?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by jojo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

I remember reading recently on here that Cellier was getting rid of the Filet at lunch. So, I'm wondering if the restaurants are removing the higher food cost items so that the guests with DDP don't order them.

I'm assuming that with the DDP, you can order pretty much anything off of the menu. Are there restaurants that have "non-DDP" dishes available?

What are the restaurants that *don't* allow DDP to be used?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

WDW has very few restaurants that don't allow the DDP and off the top of my head I can't think of any. Have they dumbed down the food? Yes probably but IMHO that is their own fault and for those who pay for their food UNFAIR. Personally I think the best solution would have been a "tiered" approach. If you are free DDP then you can only order from say section A. If you are paying for the DDP then sections A & B and if you are on the Deluxe Plan or OOP then you can order any item on the menu.
  3. mkjon

mkjon Earning my ears

whats ddp if you dont mind me asking and should I be worried about it?
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Disney Dining Plan
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve heard from several of our friends who are cast members and work in some of the WDW restaurants that this is definitely the case.
    The more expensive items [eg lobster] have been taken off some of the menus for this very reason thanks to those pesky dining plans. :furious: