1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is the fantasmic dining package any good?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by buzzchamp, Jan 25, 2009.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

With the fantasmic show on less days now :( will it be even more important to do the fantasmic dining package do you think? if we do it is it a set menu or a set cost?

2. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

i honestly have no idea buzz, but I do know there was a thread going re: Fantasmic & the anger at the cutback of shows & that the shows that they have are now packed & people are being turned away. If that's the case, then yeah, doing the dining package would make sure you get in & have a good seat I guess.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I think it makes sense to do the package if you definitely want to see the show with minimal waiting. Where it perhaps makes less sense is booking the top tier brown derby package because you'll be paying a relatively high fixed price when you may only fancy 1 or 2 courses

So I think yep, good idea to do it but book at hollywood and vine to keep it cheap. It's not the best disney buffet in the world but you'll be paying no more than you'd pay for it anyway and getting a better shot at queueless entry to fantasmic.

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I think since Disney is cutting back on Fantasmic showings that the package is probably a must do now.

5. davles

davles Earning my ears

yeah, at least by booking the package you are certain of getting onto fantasmic.
    we ate at brown derby last year before fantasmic ( on the package), food was lovely, but would have been just as happy with the buffet at hollywood and vine.

6. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

It is a great way to guarantee a seat for Fantasmic, so especially useful at busier times and also to save you lots of time waiting in line. We have queued for more than an hour and still had to stand right at the back, so I'd go for the Dinner Package every time.

7. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Actually, I think it is lousy. The seats at the edge of the amphitheatre have a very restricted view and all of our group were very disappointed. We have always managed to secure good seats in the centre with a view to match, so when we did the package we were pretty annoyed not only with the view but with the rotten photos from the very edge of the theatre. Still, I can understand the attraction for families with young kids and those who dont want to sit for an hour beforehand. I would say that it is a must now with the cutbacks. I still dont like it.

Margaret

8. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

I take the point about the seats not being the greatest but we have a wheelchair user in out family so it's not like we ever get good seats :( For us it's worth it not to have to wait in line so long.